Top Design - Wednesday night

It means that Jamie was having one bad day, the poster saw this and thought he is like it all the time. Maybe he is, maybe not.

I've seen this exact same behaviour wiuth a number of the famous golf pros when having to sign autographs and do press meetings etc.

They start off when young - can't do enough, sign a million autographs and answer questions, give up their time etc; it seems glamorous..

A few year's later, it all becomes harder, they get less tolerant and try to avoid the distractions and demands of the adoring public.

Not all are like this of course.

The public don't understand how demanding they can be, and people can be downright inconsiderate and rude. Just ask any shop assistant who has a few years under his/her belt...

I'm another who just HATED the room with the sofa-bed for the two guys. Come on!! Who in there right mind would buy 1 bed for two straight guys? I thought that decision alone would have seen the guy that bought it sent packing. A totally hideous waste of time that whole room was.

I just don't understand what went through the minds of the selectors. The "client" said that he could not live there. That alone should have been enough to say that this was the worst of the rooms. This room was not at all functional.

The surfer guy said that some things would have to change, but was not as appalled (I think) as the comedians. I didn't much like that room either, but it was a functional room that could have been lived in by the occupant.

The winning room did look great. Not to my taste, but it did encompass what the "client" wanted from it. I didn't much like the posters on the walls when they were going up and thought it looked stupid and tacky, however I do have to agree that the finished product didn't look too bad. Definitely the best room of the three.

Not a fan. Dare I say it i think i prefer THE BLOCK!

Me either ... just can't warm to this one. I think I prefer The Block too, although it's a slim margin :D
A good yarn in today's Green Guide about The Renovators (not that I can find a link to it :mad:) - it's from the MasterChef production people and has similar values, apparently. I've got high hopes for that one.

I watched Top Design last night (it clashed with The Renovators but I can watch the first half of The Renovators I missed this afternoon).

Interesting watching their outside garden designs and how the judges judged them, the fire garden design I would have liked to see a fire pit or campfire rather than burnt toothpick look as not a peaceful design.

Note to myself when designing outside areas think of water, wind, fire and earth as elements to be covered.

Then the contestants had to select and cover/upholster a chair and then design a room around the chair, this was the same concept as The Renovators so maybe this is standard in interior design courses as a practical skill.

So now I am thinking - I have to learn how to cover / upholster a chair as a design piece as a skill for my future projects as I have only recovered bar stools before.

Personalities make the show and I am enjoying all the renovation shows, my only problem is that I am heading to Central Queensland for a couple of weeks and may miss out on the shows, so will watch via laptop.

Happy chappy.

Regards
Sheryn

All over Red Rover ... Robert, the architect won.

Actually, I think he was the best designer of the lot (although not to my taste). He often thought outside the square and was innovative, whilst still remaining elegant and classy in his designs.

What I really enjoyed about this show - asides from watching it the next day ad free via the internet - was that it really made me think about "what would I do in that space with that theme". I didn't get many ideas from the show for my own place (as I have with Renovators) but it was a great mind exercise week after week.

What would I have done with the final house? I wasn't taken by any of them but ...

Huge deck like Rob's. In the young couples house I would have changed the stair ballustrading with laser cut stainless steel. In the couple with the baby I would have put a wall across the understair area - open at the higher end - to make a tiny cubby/play area for when the bub is a toddler, than can convert to storage.

... so many ideas ...

Back