Toxic tap water in Australia

It's funny, when we go to a doctor and if we are overweight or simply don't feel right, the doctor will tell us "change your diet"... we are never told "change your water". Yet our bodies are made of more than 70% water.

Anyway some of you may already know that water in Australia, US and NZ has fluoride.

Such countries like Germany, Japan and Italy and many other parts of Europe do not include fluoride into their tap water for one simple reason: we get fluoride from tooth pastes, tea/coffee (very high amounts in tea esp), soft drinks, beer, wine (non organic), from cooking utensils, smoking and non organic food. There is obviously more.
So what actually is important here is that we OD on fluoride nearly everyday.

Fluoride has been linked to cancer, Alzheimers, skeletal fluorosis, tooth fluorosis and much more.

Interesting video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ky9nkltews&feature=player_embedded#!

BTW Im buying a reverse osmosis to fit into my kitchen sink and a shower head that at least removes chlorine.

Reactions: BV
But how do we protect ourselves from aliens wanting to anally probe us???

Aldi have on special now, (2 for one) the anti probe foil. If you are unsure, ask the person on management duty. Just ask for anti-alien-anal probe discounts. (A.A.A Probes).

Don't they have water filters which reduce fluoride?

Regular water filters (Brita etc) don't filter fluoride or chlorine. They only remove rust and other sediments.
The best bet is to grab a reverse osmosis system... they aren't cheap, at $400-$500 a unit.

The best bet is to grab a reverse osmosis system... they aren't cheap, at $400-$500 a unit.

Nothing is cheaper than drinking from the tap. I'm am old phart and it hasn't done me no harm.

BTW have I mentioned lately that drinking flouride is harmless?

And they're coming to take me away Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
They're coming to take me away ha ha...

I'd be more worried about dihydrogen monoxide, that's in just about everything.

This chemical is also believed to be a major cause of the recent flooding across Qld, NSW and Victoria. But I wouldn't worry about this chemical much anymore because the federal government are planning on severely restricting farmers using this dangerous chemical across most of Eastern Australia, particualrly the Murray-Darling Basin. Most State governments have actually stopped any expansion of the production of this chemical. As existing facilities come to the end of their life, I would expect this chemical to be a distant memory within a few decades.

Fluoride has been linked to .

If everyone consumes fluoride every day, but they're also exposed to dozens of other everyday substances also linked to cancer, Alzheimers and 'much more', including the many things (unknown genetics, aging process, etc) that we do know for certain can contribute to those conditions, then you would think you would need more conclusive evidence. Perhaps that's why it's not a banned substance.

This chemical is also believed to be a major cause of the recent flooding across Qld, NSW and Victoria. But I wouldn't worry about this chemical much anymore because the federal government are planning on severely restricting farmers using this dangerous chemical across most of Eastern Australia, particualrly the Murray-Darling Basin. Most State governments have actually stopped any expansion of the production of this chemical. As existing facilities come to the end of their life, I would expect this chemical to be a distant memory within a few decades.

This isn't a significant problem here in SA, however I have twice cared for people suffering from toxicity (hyponatremia).

One girl ended up in ICU a couple of times from ingesting too much. My job was to monitor her, as she wasn't even safe in the shower.

Last edited:
Nothing is cheaper than drinking from the tap. I'm am old phart and it hasn't done me no harm.

BTW have I mentioned lately that drinking flouride is harmless?

Thats fine and I believe you that drinking a few cups of fluoridated water a day will do no harm (In Australia, in America the fluoride water levels a re much higher) but you see people like myself drink up to 4-5 cups of green tea which is incredibly already high in fluoride... now you can imagine how much more fluoride gets in to my system from other sources (second hand smoke, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, food, cooking utensils, beer, wine etc). When you shower your body takes in large amounts of fluoride through the skin.

They say you can overdose on honey and vitamins, so how the hell can I control my fluoride intake levels when that thing is everywhere??

Im a scientist and the jury is still out for me on this one.

I have yet to see logical reasoned argument that we have a major problem, and the benefits seem to be well researched.

I personally have a much greater concern with the Sodium Hypo (and subsequent yucko compounds that are formed as a result) levels in Municipal supplies....................

Western world water is damn good, it usually doesnt make you sick or kill you quickly, ..............possibly just slowly

ta
rolf

Back