Trades on the forum

Not sure whether this is the right place to post such a suggestion.

This forum is great, and it attracts a diverse range of people.
From lenders, accountants, property managers, valuers to electricians, carpenters, brickies, etc... there are lots of people associated in the industry. Then there are the other professionals like me who are interested in property but do not work in fields relating to it.

I was thinking it may be a good idea for some sort of a network where people can post their Trade, Location, Caontact details etc... sort of like free online advertising.
Not so much to give discounts to people on the forum, but just to allow a resource for people looking for a certain trade.
I would rather give my hard earned to people that participate on these forums and help me learn, rather than some unknown from the newspaper.
What do you all think? Is this a good idea?
Moderators, is it possible?
Thanks

Im not looking for any work but if anyone wants electrical advice, im all ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea!
We could also recommend tradies in our areas who may not be a part of this forum but who we have used and been suitably impressed by. We could make room on the list also for any complaints/compliments/comments and use a rating system perhaps.
Organise the lists according to each area of Austrlalia and Bob's-your-uncle!
I did notice that requests for reliable/good tradies is a regularly-asked question on this forum...

Hmmm........maybe we could see a bit of 'trading' of trade too?

I can see it now.......

.......Dale, if you set up a trust for me I'll make sure your office receives 3 mobile phones with 6 months credit....... ;)

.......Rolf........so.......you want a new kitchen installed, huh? Damn it.......you don't directly charge anyway :(

......Sim.......I need a little bit of computer work done........how about I do a little gratis conveyancing work for you? :p

......Steve......your frequent flyer points must be killing you.........I'll be willing to use a few of them up for you in exchange for some structuring advice..... :D

etc.......etc......

Hey, who knows...........it may catch on...........

:D

If you need electrical advice........see Brains
If you need an urban planner.....see Savanna100
If you need conveyancing...........see Alan H

........but if you need someone to assist you in sitting around all night drinking Stubboirs, especially if you are the one that is paying...........Then I AM THE MAN.........

regards

Furthermore.............

I think the idea has merit,..............just wish that I had something to offer.

regards

hi all interesting what others do i my self own a shower sealing company both in west australia and in queensland so if your shower leaks? iam a tradesman member of this great forum

I'm also an Electrician but mainly specialize in the industrial side of things (Sawmills, Quarry, Mining, Industrial Automation etc.).
JIM

Thanks Jakk..................only using that as an example though......I certainly DON"T personally provide conveyancing services........ or if I did I would only expect a VERY rough floor sanding or electrical job in return.... :D

:)

All sounds great.
Looks like it is already starting to take shape-
So for my 2 cents
Carpenter/Shopfitter

And BTW Queen Bee, sorry for not replying to your last post (Been very busy bee myself) but i am not Irish! However i don't mind the odd drop of "Guiness".

Oh yeah

Go the "Wallabies"

Gecho

If you need a cell for the night, give me a call!!!!!!!!!

Free accomodation
Free Entertainment
3 meals per day.

What more could you ask for!!!!!!!!!

BUNDY :D

Originally posted by Jakk
Furthermore.............

I think the idea has merit,..............just wish that I had something to offer.

regards

Hi Jakk

Arn't you experianced in PS2 repairs?

bundy ( ex welder )

HI. all ..... awhile back Dan posted what i believed to be a great money saving suggestion. Or at the very least a great way to network. A few posted back to him which is great. If we can keep this thread going!!!!!!! it can only be WIN ,WIN.

Now I for instance renovate bathrooms , seal leaking showers and would gladly swap my service to same value with, (now this is here in Brisbane....) a plumber, wood floor sander, and most importantly a Bobcat driver with truck..

In West Australia, Mandurah I need a painter and I will be there for 7 weeks around christmas time .so what I am saying here is DANS SUGGESTION should keep being added to ,by all us forumites.

Let share our trades ect CHEERS SABRE S.N.A.F.U.

Edited and merged by Les

Last edited by a moderator:
HI ALL. COME ON PEOPLE !!!!!!!! lets compare trades ect . could it be possable?, Only a few of us out there want to SAVE $$$$$$$. All I see are benefits no need for refrences . lic checks ,ect cheers sabre S.N.A.F.U.

Hi Guys

Location Sydney.

If anybody needs their concrete driveways or paths looking beautiful then I can fully transform them by resurfacing in a huge variety of colours and patterns.

Also do Glass roofs, skylights, roofing, awnings, pergolas.
Steel structures, welding, aluminium framing.

I'm going to need an electrician and plumber in the coming months to do my own renovation, but all trades welcome because I'll be going over the whole house. What I can't get help with I'll do myself.

Regards

Adrian See

Back