transportable homes

hi all,

Has anyone had any experience in buying a transportable home and getting it established (preferably in regional NSW)?

If so, what things should i keep in mind? Also, any recommendations for companies to look at or not to look at?

Thanks

g

Hiya

Finance will possibly be the main stumbling block, as Lily has suggested

Most lenders dont like them, some will pay one drawdown once the place is established. many wont consider the deal above 80 % etc

ta
rolf

Yikes the finance could be an issue in my subdivision plans....

Have to suss this one out further with my MB.

Thanks

g

Signing up for one on Wednesday in regional SA. I'd say I'd keep you posted on the progress but I suspect it will be a glacial speed process. I'm not counting on getting it built before Christmas.

We'll be deciding whether to get a transportable delivered or the same design built on site by the same builder (not much more expensive) based purely on what finance options present themselves.

We'll also be deciding whether we sell or rent our old house also purely on finance options.

Still waiting for my broker to get back to me, other brokers are welcome to get some business lol

There is some really nice designs of these transportables around these days. One company l know of called Eco Fit homes has some fabulous designs. This company is building/supplying these homes to the North West so they can make them cyclone proof too.
Mind you they can be in the $400k + range.
I think its this company that actually has a cement plate floor which makes a huge difference to the feel of the home.
Doesn,t have that Tinny/cheap feel to it.
They also design them to be energy efficient which is a good thing.
Cheers
yadreamin

l have no attachment to this company what so ever.

Back