Tribunal Ruling - Unbelieveable !!!!

It's tough on landlords, not a level playing field at all.
Unfortunately if tenants don't honor the first agreement to pay (lease), they usually don't honor the second (Tribunal Order). Especially when they live somewhere else. Only time I got money from a departed tenant was due to a TICA default listing against them, which caused them so much trouble they came back and we settled for $500. Sliders usually keep on sliding.
Hope u get some repayment.
Good luck
Cheers
crest133

Thanks Everyone,

An Update on this frustrating situation.

Today marks the end of the 2 weeks the tenants had to vacate the property.... they haven't. They also haven't attempted to repay any of the outstanding rent or any of the $45/day they were ordered to pay at the tribunal.
Apparently they have until midnight to vacate then the keys need to be returned tomorrow morning.
If they haven't I then need to pay for a Sherriff to go around ( Hopefully with a couple of 6 shooters... Joke !! ) to evict them and also pay for all locks to be replaced.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this and they turn up today with keys and a wadfull of cash to pay off the debt.... not holding my breathe for this one though.

I'll update later with the outcome.

Cheers

Triv

Back