Tricky finance situation due to dual occupancy - please help!!!!!

Hey Lucky

See.............those branch folk really know their stuff.

We used to do bus loads of the 85 no lmi, AND got the 70 pts usually too.......but alas, wbc has no money to lend...............at any LVR, so they aint gonna give away anything

ta
rolf

Really? I was told only 2 weeks ago that it was still available by my bank manager at Westpac, but that I had to use a mortgage broker.

Your bank manager needs an update, it died over a year ago across the board.

These days you've got to be an existing customer just to borrow more than 85% with Westpac, never mind the LMI.

For any of you who were interested in how this progressed...or if anyone is reading this because they have themselves in a similarily desperate situation, Rolf totally saved us!! Saved us from losing our deposit, saved us from Liberty and saved our sanity!!! We settled last Friday (40 days late) with a great deal with NAB (6.5% interest rate, 90% LVR) and I can honestly say that it was all due to Rolfs careful management of our almost hopeless situation. :):):):):)

Reactions: jrc
thats fantastic.

Rolf you're a legend :D

Do you mind me asking (just curious) whether it was in fact the dual occ that was the issue or was there some other underlying reason that your ex-broker didn't tell you about??

For any of you who were interested in how this progressed...or if anyone is reading this because they have themselves in a similarily desperate situation, Rolf totally saved us!! Saved us from losing our deposit, saved us from Liberty and saved our sanity!!! We settled last Friday (40 days late) with a great deal with NAB (6.5% interest rate, 90% LVR) and I can honestly say that it was all due to Rolfs careful management of our almost hopeless situation. :):):):):)

What an awsome reference/recommendation for Rolf.

Well done Rolf.

Maybe Rolf can pull something out of his top hat

The ol' Rolfmeister comes thru with a winner hey !!!

If I'm ever looking for money for one of my dodgy deals, he sounds like a handy bloke to know.

Onya Rolf.

Hi there,

I am <1 week away from settlement and in quite a bit of trouble as I stand to lose an $80k deposit.:(

My issue relates to the fact that I have purchased what I thought was a conservative choice (large terrace divided into 2 unit & we intend to rent out one of them to help with mortgage repayments) however the fact that it is split into two units (& possibly also because it's heritage listed though this has not been sepcifically mentioned) means that both Genworths and QBE have refused to provide LMI to us. Further details are:

- We have an exitsing property with $385,000 owed and bank vals between $520,000 - $540,000
- Purchase price on new property is $795,000 and bank vals between $730,000 (ouch!!!:mad:) - $795,000
- We were hopeful of getting it thorugh with CBA at 90% LVR based on their 2 valuations (higher ones) however deal died when the LMI provider said no.

We now cannot go through any lenders who use Genworths or QBE (I know, almost all banks do) so we're trying Liberty because apparently the dual occupancy isn't a problem for them. We are prepared to sell existing property (and expect sale of at least $580,000) but we can't find someone to lend us the money to buy us time to do this.

We have immacluate credit history, double income with no kids, long term with employers and we have met servicability criteria with both Bank West & CBA.

I am hopeful Liberty will come through but with such a big difference in previous valuations and the dramas we've had with this so far I would love to have some other options to investigate/pursue.

I am absolutely frantic about our situation including the fact that we start incurring interest charges with the vendor next week and our risk of losing a $80k deposit.:eek:

If anyone has any ideas I would be so grateful.:)

Marguerite

Sorry to say this, but this sort of situation is simply asking for trouble. VERY risky what you are trying to do.

Please people realize this.......bank evaluations in the near future will be based primarily on rental yields.......nothing more than that.

These sort of lending practices simply would not of been allowed 10 years ago.

Good luck. If I were you, I would let the 80,000 slide, try and sell the I.P you already have, and pay off your debt.

Taila,

Thanks for updating the forum on how you went. So many times people ask for ideas/help but never let anyone know how they went or what worked for them.

Well done Rolf.

Please people realize this.......bank evaluations in the near future will be based primarily on rental yields.......nothing more than that.

Given that approx. 70% of housing in Australia is owner occupied and therefore does not have a rental yield, this would be some ask - if it were true.:rolleyes:

This is primarily how Commercial Property is valued (along with some other things).

Well done rolf and Taila!

thats fantastic.

Rolf you're a legend :D

Do you mind me asking (just curious) whether it was in fact the dual occ that was the issue or was there some other underlying reason that your ex-broker didn't tell you about??

It seems that there were a few probs...the overall val from the first lender (though subsequent vals came in with no probs), the dual occ & also the heritage listing for some lenders. I think that given some of these "challenges" with the property, the whole deal required more careful & strategic management than was provided by the first broker.

Back