Trust Magic

Hi

I recently purchased a copy of Dale Gatherum-Goss new publication “Trust Magic”

I have spent some of the Easter break reading it cover to cover. I will go back over segments of the books and follow some other research Dale raises but the single point I would like to make is this:

“Trust Magic is an excellent book, easy to read and understand. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking information on trusts.”

Congratulations Dale and well done.

Regards

Ross

Ross,

I too have just finished Dales "Trust Magic". And would like to ditto your comments.

I think the best thing is that it is in "plain english".

The good ole KISS approach.

I think anyone with an incling to investing for the longer term should pick a copy up, it covers all the stuff you need to know and leaves out the tripe.

I've since picked up rentons book and started to read it also, It is a lot easier to read now after Dales, but it still has a lot of complicated tripe in it.

Mr Ed.

I concur.

I have just read DaleGG's "Trust Magic" and it is excellent.

I have tried to think about some improvements:
  • Because I am a bit thick I would have liked to see some more explanation in places. i.e. if I have a "human" trustee or company trustee how the bank accounts names would be different "ABC Co ATF the ABC Trust" or "Joe Blogs ATF ABC Trust" etc.
  • More detailed examples sometimes. e.g. How land tax in Victoria can be reduced by using ( multiple ) trusts?
  • Itfs physically BIG, A4 bound, with big letters etc with lots of scribble space double spaced lines. For cost of sending, ease of reading in bed, putting on my book self, a smaller book size format like Jan Somers used, would for me have been better. However I know that this means actually going to the expense printing a "book" not producing a manual. I honestly think that trust magic and tax battles could be drawn together and then published as a "regular" book available at a regular bookstores, the ideas and concepts in both manual deserve a wider audience.
  • Maybe referring readers to download standard meeting documents etc on DalesGG's web site could be helpful to the readers and deliver potential clients to DalesGG excellent accountancy practice.

For anyone remotely thinking about creating and using a trust, this manual is absolutely terrific!

I also concur the above comments.

As I just recently got my trust and then read DaleGG's book. I felt that he had written 'just for me' as I have never had anything to do with trusts previously.

Again, congratulations Dale (and his team) for getting this together. Well done!

Cheers

Danny D. ;)

It's already out????
I emailed his office when I first heard about it, requesting a copy, and just assumed I hadn't heard anything more because it wasn't ready yet.
I can see I'd better chase this up!

HI

I am grateful for the very kind things said. Thank you.

I apologise that it appears that emails were not returned by my office, but, I assure you that they are always returned promptly. Sue's email address, in particular, seems to have problems and we are embarrassed that this apparent problem lets us down.

I humbly apologise for any inconvenience.

Dale

That's okay Dale, it happens to all of us!
I'll get my revenge - I'll stick with being your client, that's probably the worst thing I could do to you!! hehehehehe ;)

I bought both of Dale's manuals after his recent talk in BNE...

Unfortunately I can't give you an opinion of them.

I CAN'T GET THEM OFF ANDY.

He stole them and he is hoarding them.

I am plotting how to retrieve them...

(If any is never heard from again, don't look at me... Unless I know all about trusts, that is.. hehe)

I had a quick look before he got them, and they look fantastic. I plan to spend all of Anzac day sitting in a recliner rocker on the back deck reading them, and sipping lemonade. :)

asy :D

I've been fortunate enough to get a copy of the manual and must say that I am very impress with Dale's ability to make understanding trusts (a potentially mind numbing experience) a very enjoyable and simple exercise in learning an extremely beneficial tax structure.

Well done Dale

BTW I do not receive any financial benefits for extolling the benefits of Dale's manual though if any were to come my way from his office.........:D

How and where can I get a copy of the manual, cost etc...? We are currently looking at setting up a structure for our investments and this sounds ideal.

Back