trusts

where can i learn about the different types of trusts that would be helpful with property investing/ business

and a few Q's

if your self employed but you run your company in a trust does that still put you as self employed and require a low doc loan?

and can you rent to yourself via a trust?

You can read the Chan & Naylor books to get a basic understanding of how the different type of trusts work.

Self employed doesn't mean you require a lo-doc loan, it means you are eligible for one if you need it. Many self employed with their financials in order go for a full-doc loan like any PAYG employee.

Yes a trust can rent a property to you but be careful with how much you charge yourself in order to get the ATO's blessing.

The best book on trusts is the "trusts structure Guide 2011". It costs a fortune though.

If you search for the website you may find a free flow chart diagram which helps you determine whch sort of trust would suit your needs - generally.

Get a copy of Trust Magic by Dale Gatherum-Goss. Gives an excellent insight into the various trust structures available and tax implications that are inherent with a trust. Very good for the layperson with little or no knowledge or even the more experienced amongst us. :)

Check out http://www.trustmagic.com.au/ for futher details.

thanks guys ill look into them when i have time
yes that book is expensive a bit overkill for my situation i think
i tried one of there flow chart things on there website but didnt understand half the questions albeit pretty tired maybe ill try later

Back