UK mob violence and looting.

Looks like a breakdown in multiculturalism to me. Certain races fitting in with Western society, and others not.

I'd like to see a breakdown of the race of those looters. I don't see any Chinese or any other Asians. I'd wager that there are no Indians in there, they are a peacefull lot that fit in where ever they go. Seems to be a lot of Africans and middle easteners in the mobs.

When the dust settles, people will be asking a lot of politically uncorrect questions, but as yet no one wants to be the first to raise it.

See ya's.

Some races are marginalised socially, others not. There is no shortage of white kids in there in as well.

And its Carribean kids (mostly Jamaican), not African. Where ever Britain has had colonies, they've come home. Not many middle Eastern or African. But plenty from Asia (India, Pakistan, as opposed to SE Asia) and the Carribean.

Its a big world out there, with lots of different people in it. Its not so scary.

Looks like a breakdown in multiculturalism to me. Certain races fitting in with Western society, and others not.

I'd like to see a breakdown of the race of those looters. I don't see any Chinese or any other Asians. I'd wager that there are no Indians in there, they are a peacefull lot that fit in where ever they go. Seems to be a lot of Africans and middle easteners in the mobs.

When the dust settles, people will be asking a lot of politically uncorrect questions, but as yet no one wants to be the first to raise it.

See ya's.

It very much appears like 'mob' criminality - opportunistic vandalism and looting by thugs of the lower end classes. I'd say there'd be no moral message behind it all.

Some journo the other night said that almost all the mobile SMS's he read had mention of which raids would net which goods and were prompting everyone to mass attack locations.

They weren't breaking into butchers or babywear shops either but sports, clothing and electrical instead.

Problems in Birmingham didn't surprise me at all, but some of the other locations did.

Yep, agree weg,

Opportunist thugs.

I hope the article is not true or at least just some random idiots that were ridiculously more moronic than the other idiots rampaging through the streets.

Regards JO

Yep, agree weg,

Opportunist thugs.

I hope the article is not true or at least just some random idiots that were ridiculously more moronic than the other idiots rampaging through the streets.

Regards JO

Hope it's not true too.. But it is a known tactic used sometimes...

Isn't marginalisation, by defintion of the word (whjch Topcropper said is a fancier (and shorter, hence my use of it) way of saying what he said) , not only fault of the marginalised for not "fitting in " ? :confused:

From the reports I've seen, there were certainly llots of white british seemingly background kids acting like total absolute no other way I can think of to describe it but like animinals.. there's a youtube video of someone cowering obviously hurt, so a group come & help him up.. then they rob him...

Cops over in the UK are far to soft, think its partly due to people going overboard with the whole political correctness thing. For instance the whole "The way we police is by consent" is ridiculous tell that to the people that have been affected. Im curious to the response the police here would take if riots like this took place in the future.

Cops over in the UK are far to soft, think its partly due to people going overboard with the whole political correctness thing. For instance the whole "The way we police is by consent" is ridiculous tell that to the people that have been affected. Im curious to the response the police here would take if riots like this took place in the future.

Agree, where are the hoses? Where are the Tasers? Where are the ARMED forces?:confused::confused:

jaycee, I saw footage of a guy that looked Asian just standing there while another white british looking guy looked through his backpack and took what he wanted. The group watched on. Could have been the same one.

Scarey.

Agree, where are the hoses? Where are the Tasers? Where are the ARMED forces?:confused::confused:

jaycee, I saw footage of a guy that looked Asian just standing there while another white british looking guy looked through his backpack and took what he wanted. The group watched on. Could have been the same one.

Scarey.

Teargas gets used at soccer games when hooligans get out of hand.. but burning neighbourhoods aren't that urgent acocording to the british pm ?

"Police by consent" ??? Whose consent are they waiting for, the rioters ?

jaycee, I saw footage of a guy that looked Asian just standing there while another white british looking guy looked through his backpack and took what he wanted. The group watched on. Could have been the same one. I think the whole police by consent thing means that all the cops are gonna do is tell the rioters their been bad little girls and boys. I've seen footage of 12 policemen in riot gear backing away from one guy, instead of just bashing the guys head in.

Scarey.

I agree with you my first reaction was why don't they just call the army in, shoot the looters with plastic bullets or use water cannons like they do in Northern Ireland. Think the government and the police are scared of one of these ferals later down the line taking them to court because they were hurt in someway.

Yea the Asian guy was some foreign student from Malaysia, who had his bike and phone stolen before the footage had been taken.

You cant call the army in, they generally arnt trained to handle these sort of situations and it also inflames the situation as it turns into a military action against your own people.

The police should be getting tough though, this idea that the police comissioner is saying 'parents get a grip on your children' and then having burning buildings all over the news basically making it look like the police cant handle a bunch of kids....its not a good look especially with the olympics next year.

Is it a sign of things to come? I reckon it is, Greek riots, UK riots.....I think there will be more before the Olympics begin next year, not sure where though :(

I wonder how we would have reacted here. I think we take the softly softly approach too.

I love the American cop shows, they jump out of cars, guns blazing...ready for battle....and then the police do the same...:eek::D

Regards JO

Nah that won't really happen here...lots of undesirables in the UK esp with their culture of drunkeness and football fanaticism

You cant call the army in, they generally arnt trained to handle these sort of situations and it also inflames the situation as it turns into a military action against your own people.

The police should be getting tough though, this idea that the police comissioner is saying 'parents get a grip on your children' and then having burning buildings all over the news basically making it look like the police cant handle a bunch of kids....its not a good look especially with the olympics next year.

Is it a sign of things to come? I reckon it is, Greek riots, UK riots.....I think there will be more before the Olympics begin next year, not sure where though :(

The British army was/is used in Northern Ireland and is trained in riot control, while i am not suggesting the amy be given real ammunition their numbers could be used for defence of property while the police go after the rioters. Sorry but i would hardly call those people "your own people", their burning and damaging their own communities and they have stepped the line, whats so wrong with them been reminded not to bite the hand that feeds them?

The British army was/is used in Northern Ireland and is trained in riot control, while i am not suggesting the amy be given real ammunition their numbers could be used for defence of property while the police go after the rioters. Sorry but i would hardly call those people "your own people", their burning and damaging their own communities and they have stepped the line, whats so wrong with them been reminded not to bite the hand that feeds them?

Because then you'll have all the civil liberitarians on the news denouncing the use of excessive force and effectively declaring martial law

Back