UK mob violence and looting.

Because then you'll have all the civil liberitarians on the news denouncing the use of excessive force and effectively declaring martial law

I realise that, i mentioned earlier in one of my other posts about how political correctness has gone to far, thing is if those same civil libertarians had their own property damaged i am sure they would quickly change their opinion. Half those kids don't realise how good they have it over in the UK, thing is if they don't take a hard line whats to stop it happening again in the future?

Last edited:
The British army was/is used in Northern Ireland and is trained in riot control, while i am not suggesting the amy be given real ammunition their numbers could be used for defence of property while the police go after the rioters. Sorry but i would hardly call those people "your own people", their burning and damaging their own communities and they have stepped the line, whats so wrong with them been reminded not to bite the hand that feeds them?

You make a good point about the experience in NI but what happens if the military is called is that it alienates the population and has the possibility to increase the problem as peoples perception changes from 'police maintaining order' to 'government aggression against its civilians'

Civil libertarians are renting and on government benefits....so they dont' own property

:D haha, so true, funny thing is a lot of the councils in the Uk have said that they would evict people in public housing if they are convicted for taking part in the riots, so should be interesting i am sure a few civil libertarians will kick up a stink over it.

Looks like a breakdown in multiculturalism to me.

Most of the TV footage I've seen contains just as many white youths as any other race, I doubt it is race related.

I think you'll find it's more a continuation of the "class" war that has been brewing in the UK for a long time.

Think about what has happened recently - huge recession, painful austerity measures, banks (and bankers) being bailed out by the government, the lower and middle income classes continue to suffer as a result of a financial mess they were not responsible for.

It's opportunism fuelled by a strong (and growing) undercurrent of resentment towards those with privilege (government, banks, big business, etc).

Unfortunately, once the mob mentality takes hold - anyone and anything is a target, including many small businesses run by very middle-class people who are likely struggling just as much as the rest of them.

What may have started off as "letting off steam", turns quickly into opportunism - especially when the criminal element realises that the police are largely powerless to act right then and there.

Civil libertarians are renting and on government benefits....so they dont' own property

Is that like part of the rules to get the job, that you must not won propeorty ? Can someone who onws propeorty sell it and become a civil libertarian, or is it exlcusive to those smart enogh not to ever purchase property in the first place ?

Obviously there are issues, but I'm not sure the issues are as simple as bad foreingers, soft libertarians and good everyone else who is good and affected

Most of the TV footage I've seen contains just as many white youths as any other race, I doubt it is race related.

really? When I saw the photo of the clean up team with brooms in hand, the first thing that struck me was how white the crowd was

I agree the issue isn't really multiculturalism its classed based, a lot of the people involved the riot viewed it as sticking it to the rich and showing the govt that they had power. Stupid thing is they burnt down and damaged the same local businesses that provided them with job opportunities.

Last edited:
I agree the issue isn't really multiculturalism its classed based, a lot of the people involved the riot viewed it as sticking it to the rich and showing the govt that they had power. Stupid thing is they burnt down and damaged the same local businesses that provided them with job opportunities.

Agree- class based.

Regards JO

Agree, where are the hoses? Where are the Tasers? Where are the ARMED forces?:confused::confused:

jaycee, I saw footage of a guy that looked Asian just standing there while another white british looking guy looked through his backpack and took what he wanted. The group watched on. Could have been the same one.

Scarey.

This one,..

http://m.theage.com.au/world/they-t...ck-that-shocked-the-world-20110811-1inkv.html

A Malaysian kid attacked. Seems he has a broken jaw and teeth missing according to this.

See ya's.

Last edited:
Very scary. People behaving like complete morons (regardless of age, race, religion). No regard for others' livelihoods; all the small businesses being destroyed, robbing & bashing innocent people in the street.

Disgusting.

These hooligans all deserve a good kick up the backside. How dare they loot, steal, destroy & scare people outta their minds?!

Is this what happens when part of a society is allowed to remain uneducated, bored, reliant on welfare payments?

What's the solution? I have no idea. Perhaps there will always be elements of society that believe they are entitled to an easy ride & resent others that have more than they do.

Maybe they need a Rudd economic stimulus payout so they can all go out & buy flat screen TVs instead of stealing them?

Of course its not race related. Its juts that teh UK is a very multicultural society and that is reflected in the riots. Or anything else for that matter.

Some people can interpret what they want in anything depending on their existing view of the world.

Whats that old saying "We dont see whats there, we see what we are" meaning 2 people can look at the same thing and see 2 different things.

The good ole "you owe me an education and living" mentality.

Regards JO

Back