unauthorised water usage?

Hi,

one of my IPs (which has been vacant for 6mons)- for personal resaons, dont ask why.......

I just received my water bill, it is was saying the past month I have been using 1000+ litres of water per day!!?

which is impossible cos no one lives there!!
I visit it peridodically and there is not tap running/leak that I can see in the house.

I rang the water company, the idiot was totally unhelpful. and he kept saying either I have a leak (1000L /day!?!!!) or someone has been stealing my water?!!

and they basically said there is nothing that can do to rectifiy it, its NOT THER PROBLEM?!!!

so.... anyone one else has this issue? what do I do?

which is impossible cos no one lives there!!
I visit it peridodically and there is not tap running/leak that I can see in the house.

I rang the water company, the idiot was totally unhelpful. and he kept saying either I have a leak (1000L /day!?!!!) or someone has been stealing my water?!!

and they basically said there is nothing that can do to rectifiy it, its NOT THER PROBLEM?!!!

so.... anyone one else has this issue? what do I do?

Very simple ring up a local Plumber,get a quote to have the system pressure tested then you will know,then ring the water company and ask to have the water meter tested,and keep calm on the phone..imho..

Thats about .69 l a minute.

I would check all the taps any dripping, fix, then go look at the metre take a reading and have another look in 10 minutes or so if the reading has not changed you don't have a leak, if it changes then you have a leak somewhere. At a 1000l a day you should see where without much trouble. A nice green patch in the lawn of brown is a bit of a giveaway.

1. Check neighbours have a pool or water tanks?
2. Lock your metre OFF and or get external taps that can be locked off.

Brian

Thats about .69 l a minute.

I would check all the taps any dripping, fix, then go look at the metre take a reading and have another look in 10 minutes or so if the reading has not changed you don't have a leak, if it changes then you have a leak somewhere. At a 1000l a day you should see where without much trouble. A nice green patch in the lawn of brown is a bit of a giveaway.

1. Check neighbours have a pool or water tanks?
2. Lock your metre OFF and or get external taps that can be locked off.

Brian

Or a neighbours extraordinary green lawn!

pinkboy

Back