Underpinning and Termite Issue in Goodna, Redbank

Hi All,

Looking at a property in Redbank, Goodna area and have come to know that there was some underpinning work on a wall done 10 years ago. No further issues or any other such work has been done after that to this property and nothing else which is visible to me.

There was also some termite found in one corner of the property. This was treated promptly and tested every year. I have the required paperwork which shows the termite inspections being done every year.

Obviously if i go on to buy i will do my own independent Building and Pest inspection...

I will like to know how much of an issue are these two above things while buying. Should be clearly just avoid this property as it might have issues in future or should i pursue with my due diligence. Do these two issue have an effect on the property prices even if they have been remedied effectively years ago???

Thanks in advance...

Underpinning done 10 years ago - problems fixed - no issues.
Every house can be attacked by termites at some point. Timbers replaced, termites treated, annual inspections carried out - probably better than many houses - no issues.
Go ahead and do the rest of your due dilligence.

I will like to know how much of an issue are these two above things while buying. Should be clearly just avoid this property as it might have issues in future or should i pursue with my due diligence. Do these two issue have an effect on the property prices even if they have been remedied effectively years ago???
I think the fact that you're asking these questions indicates they're are an issue. Personally neither would put me off if they have been dealt with adequately. Although I'd pretend they would and use them as a bargaining tool. ;)

How did you know about these issues if you haven't received a b+p report? Did the agent tell you?

Yes the agent told me about it after me asking a lot of questions on maintenance etc. He also showed me the relevant receipts of inspections and work done...

Back