Unhappy Ray White consumers!

I stumbled across this site recently and boy oh boy are some RW franchisees in trouble- talk about a public lashing! I think it's vastly unfair to tar all of them with the same brush but there's been some RW agents that certainly appear to be less than ethical :eek:

http://www.donttrustraywhite.com/

I rented with Ray White many years ago and had rent direct debited.

After my lease ended, they did not cancel the direct debit and it took another months rent. I complained immediately, but they had disbursed the money to the owner. Then took another 6 weeks for the owner to get around to transferring the money back to me.

Years later I sold my PPOR and got it appraised by First National (whom I knew well) and the local Ray White as they had a strong street presence.

Ray White agent appraised it at $430k and recommended listing at $440k. First National appraised it at high 400's and sold it in 2 weeks for $490k.

I am of the opinion that you cant make assumptions on the "ethics" of a brand.

You can only make direct observations of an individual, or a specific group of individuals.

ta
rolf

I am of the opinion that you cant make assumptions on the "ethics" of a brand.

You can only make direct observations of an individual, or a specific group of individuals.

ta
rolf

Agree wholeheartedly Rolf but in this case it appears that even their agent training practices are shady so who ultimately holds responsibility here?

Agree wholeheartedly Rolf but in this case it appears that even their agent training practices are shady so who ultimately holds responsibility here?

some would argue..........the franchisor.

I would argue that as an owner operator, you'd know better........at least after a while ?

I suppose I should read the stuff :)

t
arolf

Back