untold wealth

Hi all,

This is my 2nd post overall (in 1 night), I'm on a roll..hehe

Ok I was up late the other night and came across an infomerical titled Untold Wealth - Success From Scratch, a home study program by John Fitzgerald, which sells for $299 (sounds reasonable enough)

They advertise a 12 step plan on building wealth, and it sounds interesting, but I'd like to hear any comments from other people that have seen the ad or know anything about JF or his program.

For those who haven't seen it, you can visit his websites at www.untoldwealth.com.au or www.wealthbuilders.com.au (both sites have different content - and there's some sample material there).

Please don't flame me for putting URL's as I'm not one to spam, (I only spam my friends with rude jokes and stuff, not advertising..) I am attending a workshop in Brighton tomorrow night so I'll find out more about the program.

While I'm at it, I'd be interested to see people's opinion's (unbiased ones please) on some of the property investment guru's / authors out there. I keep reading about the bad ones, but I don't believe everything I read as there's alway skeptics and people that take things out of context. Just because someone failed at implementing a particular guru's strategy, doesn't invalidate it, it just means they either didn't try hard enough or the strategy didn't suit them, unless of course they did the appropriate research and found that it wasn't possible legally.

So things like whether they found their strategies feasable, and if not then why not. Please use facts and references to backup any claims.

There's a US based by a guy called John T Reed (you guessed it, his site is www.johntreed.com). This guy basically researches all the guru's out there including Dolf Del Roos & Kiyosaki, and picks flaws in their writings and methods. I think he can be a little harsh or extreme, but he seems to spend a bit of time chasing up background information. Some of it I found interesting, and other bits I didn't quite agree with.

Not everyone's perfect, and you won't find 1 persons guide-book that will work for everyone. He says that if you only learn one thing from a book or seminar that's useful then you set your standards too low. I think he was being a tad arrogant if you ask me, I mean 1 person could learn 10 things (ie, unexperienced), and another may learn 2, so it depends on the person it's targeted to.

Also, I actually found that Kiyosaki was inspirational and his approach to certain things made sense to me (ie, the different mindsets of employees, self employed, business owners & investors).

I have read posts in other forums where people are reluctant to express their views (especially negative ones), unless they are anonymous so as to avoid possible lawsuits, which I think is silly. Is there a thing as free speech or isn't there?

Anyhow if it's a problem for the moderators of this forum let me know and I may setup my own forum and place disclaimers on it so that the truth can be known for those who wish to read it.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to solicit spam or anything, I just want to express my views and what I've learned from the research I've been doing lately, and I'd like to share that with others.

Joe

Hi Joe,

From your post it sounds to me like you have your head screwed on straight and don't need to hear other people's opinions on the subject of gurus etc. My experience is that these discussions can de-generate into "My guru's better than your guru, so ner!"
You seem to be able to intelligently come to your own decisions...

Anyway, opinions are like armpits - everyone has two of them and they both stink!

...but of course, that's just my opinion ;)

Regards,
Hobbo

hey hobbo,

cheers mate, yes you've got a point there.. I'm just a curious person and like to know about people's experiences positive & negative to see what they learned and whether many people have genuinely made a difference by attending seminars and reading books etc..

thanks for the kind words (thinkin I'm intelligent and all) ;)

Joe,

I haven't heard of JF so I can't help you there!
However, I would like to comment on what you've said about seminars etc. I agree wholeheartedly that seminars can make a huge difference (like GeoffW, my husband and I got started off by Peter Spann) to your style and approach to investing, as they can be hugely motivating and even life-changing.
The issue is that everyone is different and at differing stages of property investment here. For newbies or people unfamiliar with investing in property, then some type of starter course showing the basics is ideal. If that involves a hyped up seminar presenter jumping up and down on stage and getting people to make a start, no matter how small, then that's fine. Others hate all that motivational stuff and just want the theory and "how to" manual- and that's ok too. What may work for one person will definitely turn another one off. Prices also vary enormously and value for money needs to be weighed up as well.
You will get very varied opinions on this forum from a wide range of investors, most of whom have attended at least one educational seminar and wish to share their opinion.
I have found it best to do your own research and find out what it is YOU want from investing. Read some books to find out your preferred style, talk to others doing what seems to be attractive to you and write down some basic goals. Due diligence and commonsense also have a lot to do with basic property investment, but we don't all have the skills required (or indeed may not want to acquire them) to be involved in certain areas of investing. (eg: wraps, buying OTP's and onselling, renovating, developing etc)
Finding your own niche is actually very important, as doing something that you're uncomfortable with can be stress-inducing and what's the point of that? Investing in property should, on the whole, be an enjoyable experience, as you are doing something to improve your future wealth. (But, you see that's only my opinion- another armpit to possibly avoid!)
It really is an ongoing journey, as there is something new to always learn, another technique or opinion to sway you and yet such an information overload at times (esp on this forum!) that you feel like your brain is an overripe melon, waiting to burst!
But, hey, it's all for a good cause- the betterment of your life through the freedom of choice that wealth affords you.
Enjoy your quest :)

hi Keen2learn

in the wee hours of the morning, last week I was glued to this forum.
My girlfriend appeared at the doorway to my office and invited me back to bed. I love this site...... but not that much so off I slithered back to the snakepit with that warm fuzzy feeling and some great intentions.
Whoa behold, the tele was on in the bedroom and there was this informercial with J. L Fitzgerald.

Passion flew out the window and I sat upright with my one good ear directed at the t.v.

Two years ago I took the kids to Keynton (in Victoria) for the school holdidays. The weather was miserable and I ended up in a bookshop. At the time my reading was limited to magazines.

I picked up this book by John Fitzgerald and read it over the next 24 hours. The next day I went back to that bookshop and bought
another book. Truth is that reading that book gave me inspiration to get up and do something. I devoured 7 books within the next couple of weeks.
Finally I purchased a second house and now I am in the middle of purchasing the third.

Re : Untold wealth, I haven't subscribed . I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who has.

Back to the informercial , I hate any of those repetitive commercials that appear in the middle of the night. I think I questioned his credibility afterwards. His commercial had all the ingredients of those glossy brochures, testemonials, and an unconvincing interviewer. Fair dinkum somehow all this proclamation of untold wealth didn't seem to sit right, inbetween Victoria Principal peddling her face cream and Chuck Norris reminding me that I need a certain machine to releive me of my concertina waistline.

AS for my girlfriend, she just wanted to know how she could by a house with no money down !!!!!

Ain't love grand?

Back