Update on previous thread (abusive tenant, or rather tenant's mother)

I'm not sure whether it is frowned on to bump old threads so I thought I would start a new one as an update. The original thread is here ... http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50300

It's now been a month since my OH copped a mouthful of abuse from the mother of one of our tenants. We drove past again a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the caravan she was living in was still there and while the place looked a lot tidier it was still looking a little bit like a car wrecking yard. We got in touch with the PM who had been told everything was ok and she went back up and read them the riot act and gave them another breach notice. Obviously they were just thumbing their noses at us and seeing how far they could push it. She told them this is their last chance, one more breach no matter how trivial and they are out.

Two weeks further down the track and the place is looking good. One caravan is still there but further away from the house now, so probably not connected up. The other one is gone and so is the boat and the couple of unregistered cars that were still there two weeks ago. There is no evidence that anyone is living in the remaining caravan. Of course we have no way of knowing for sure but given the fact that the woman just can't help herself and would have to put her two cents worth in (she abused the PM too) it's a pretty good bet that she is gone.

So we will see how it goes from here. They now know that we are keeping an eye on the place so hopefully they will toe the line. It might even be a blessing further down the track, because they were always asking for something. That has stopped completely now, obviously they know their chances of getting any extras are zero after the air conditioner fiasco.

At least they pay their rent in full and on time, or even early, which is more than I can say for our other tenants. They often pay just in time to avoid being chucked out, but the clock is ticking. We are putting up with it for the moment because we might have to shove these two and we don't want both properties empty at once.

And just this weekend, we were out looking for another property. Must be bloody mad.:rolleyes:

Back