Urgent help - Frankston North

Neeko, why would you buy this? Pls tell me more. And your fair offer price.

cheers

If you wanted another reason with a view to buy and hold...look at the map in the advertisement and 150 metres left/West, across the road in Seaford 3198 which has a $412K median...versus Frankston North $257K.

Not a problem. Always happy to help

There are a lot of fibros in f/nth and renovating them can be a real pain and a costly one too. If you plan to renovate one, make sure it's not structural just cosmetic. Bricks are always the go in my eyes. Not being biased here but every house I've owned has been brick. Last so much longer and less maintenance too.

The house in Corsican is lovely home. We looked through it a few weeks ago. The laundry is separate (but still under same roofline) and needs doing. But other than that, the rest of the house was well done.
This house was on our radar and if the offer we placed on another property was declined this was one of the other 2 properties we were considering.
The house is situated at the front and to the left of the block with plenty of room down the side and the block is flat.
Will be interesting to see what it sells for.

And you'd get 270 a week for that anyway. And it's in a much better position too! It doesn't need a thing doing, massive block, structurally looks great. Future development options. If you had kids well heaps of room for them. Plus a granny flat on it too!

Hi Neeko, by GF, do you mean an illegal one or is there now legislation in place now for GF's in Melbourne/Victoria?

The last time I researched, there was no legislation but that was some time ago.

I called the agent about Corsican and he suggested anywhere between $310k - $340k is what the vendor is after! Bit steep for Frankston North!

I called the agent about Corsican and he suggested anywhere between $310k - $340k is what the vendor is after! Bit steep for Frankston North!

Yeah fuk that no way I'd rather buy in karingal...who's going to pay that! #tellhimhisdreamin:D
Give them one time offer 285 take it or leave it cause he won't be getting 310-340

Yeah fuk that no way I'd rather buy in karingal...who's going to pay that! #tellhimhisdreamin:D
Give them one time offer 285 take it or leave it cause he won't be getting 310-340

Agree, they're dreaming if they want $310-> $340k! I actually drove past this house today as I was in the area for other business, and it does look nice and neat. A nice rendering and landscaping would give it a great face lift.

My only concern was the other neighbouring houses. Doesn't look like an attractive neighbourhood... lots of dodgy run down properties.

If a developer were to buy this property and build a nice new Unit/Townhouse at the rear, it'd be like a diamond in the rough. Would probably devalue the brand new property, and the quality of tenants would be questionable.

Having said that, it'd probably only cost around $150k - $200k to build a nice property at the rear with medium quality fittings, and ample yard space too.

My only concern was the other neighbouring houses. Doesn't look like an attractive neighbourhood... lots of dodgy run down properties. .

People would have said the same of St Kilda in the 80s or Richmond in the 90s.

Personally, I'm into buying cheap stuff. Why? My feeling is that high-status stuff is often overpriced and has limited capital gain potential.

Went for the open inspection at Corsican today. Decent house. Big block, but the driveway is only 2.7m wide. I believe you require a >= 3.0m wide driveway if you want to subdivide and build another dwelling at the rear.

Things do seem to be moving in F North....went to see a place on Excelsior street and apparently 2 offers came in that day approx 260k......went to see one in Monterray Boulevard.....sold on Monday with multiple offers....not many suburbs around the 260-280 mark..

Some properties have hit the 300k mark in f/nth but heaps of bargains there and council have made a massive spend in f/nth too. There's a massive pdf about it which I'll. try and find for you

Back