US property investing

Hi,

I’m keen to invest in a property in America due to the high Australian dollar and weak US real estate market but cannot find a magazine similar to Australian Property Investor. Any advise on a company that you may have that gives as much valuable advice as API would be invaluable to our investment strategy. Even information on who anyone sees us a reputable real estate agency in the US would help get the ball rolling, im looking at property(house) with good rent return close to San Diego or Miami.

Also, im wondering if there is any company in Australia who have some expertise in borrowing for US property investment including what taxes and the like that we may have to pay or can give the for’s and against of investing in US property?

kind regards

greg l

Hi Greg,

check out this thread

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18101

But do some more research as things have changed since it was closed, I hear some people have been burnt and also not been able to get good service from property managers etc.

Cheers,
Pablo.

P.S. this reply may be nul and void by now as I'm sure you've had a hundred PM's from spruikers by now.

Hi,

I’m keen to invest in a property in America due to the high Australian dollar and weak US real estate market.

greg l

Greg,

I have no experience at all with buying in the us but I'm also thinking there has to be some advantage to be taken considering the present climate.

Might be worth an investigation visit.

Mark

Would be important to see where the market is at and try and get a gist of where it's going. As I understand there are still alot of mortgages to go under. Yes on one hand you could be getting cheaper prices than 3 years ago, but alot of people are saying the property was overvalued anyway, so you may not be necessarily buying dirt cheap properties rather prices that may be corrected or on par with the market. on the other hand the strong dollar and good chance the economy will recover (at some stage) its a good chance to get a discount on your purchase! and if it goes the right way for you not only is their a possiblity that their economy will regather, but also the property market may recover (depending on who you talk to) which means, if that is the case, your on the up and up!

--------------------------------------------------
Just my personal opinion don't base any of your decisions on it

Back