Using Mobile Phone in Bali

I am off to Bali on Friday for a week and would like to keep in contact with my PMs.:D

I understand in Bali that you can use your unlocked Australian mobile and insert a local Bali SIM card. Is this correct?

I also understand that the best one is the SIMpati SIM cards where you can buy it and charge with credits. This can then be used to call Australia and it works out much cheaper...a little bit more than calling card rates.

Is this correct?

Also, are there good call card you can buy there and use a 1800 number to call back to Australia on cheaper rates?

Any help here would be appreciated.:)

Lucky you,
Its been a while since I have been to Bali,
I believe your unlocked Australian phone is fine, I would buy a new sim there and leave your old one out of your phone,only putting it back in when you get back to Australia.

Do you really need to keep in contact with your PMs while you are over there,
Last thing I would want to do while I was there is think about business:(

I just want to lay on a beach,get a massage,drink San Miguel and enjoy the scenery. ;)

Semoga Beruntung! you lucky thing.

The only reason I am staying in touch is because I settle the Wollongong house tomorrow. Need to do a few keep touch ups...need some quotes from tradies.

Will be in a 5 star resort in Seminyak on the beach....but will not use the beach for hygiene reaons...so will enjoy indeed.

Lucky you,
Its been a while since I have been to Bali,
I believe your unlocked Australian phone is fine, I would buy a new sim there and leave your old one out of your phone,only putting it back in when you get back to Australia.

Do you really need to keep in contact with your PMs while you are over there,
Last thing I would want to do while I was there is think about business:(

I just want to lay on a beach,get a massage,drink San Miguel and enjoy the scenery. ;)

Semoga Beruntung! you lucky thing.

Pa1nter I think you're in the wrong country. Think you mean bintang.. San Miguel is from Philippines.

Sash you will have to notify your PMs to call the indo number though.

Bali

The only reason I am staying in touch is because I settle the Wollongong house tomorrow. Need to do a few keep touch ups...need some quotes from tradies.

Will be in a 5 star resort in Seminyak on the beach....but will not use the beach for hygiene reaons...so will enjoy indeed.

Good thinking,

Seminyak is quite nice. We got back from Bali last Sunday night, Kuta Beach is getting worse, if that is possible.

Enjoy your trip

Bobby

Hi Sash, Yes get a local SIM card. Ask which is the best one for phone calls. I don't use Simpati but I mainly make local calls and text.

It is REALLY cheap so don't bother with the 1800.
Once you get the number just text the number to whom you want to have it. Or ring the important ones.
Check the prefixes as they are different for different SIMs when calling/texting.

Hope you love Bali. Wish it was me.:D

Got in this arvo from a week in Bali....got the post-holiday blues already :(. Even the kids have long faces...

Cant help with the phone thing though - didnt take one..the silencewas divine!

Thanks Travelbug and InvestIP.....I think I will go with the SIM option.

I head off Friday....looking forward to it......

Hi Sash, Yes get a local SIM card. Ask which is the best one for phone calls. I don't use Simpati but I mainly make local calls and text.

It is REALLY cheap so don't bother with the 1800.
Once you get the number just text the number to whom you want to have it. Or ring the important ones.
Check the prefixes as they are different for different SIMs when calling/texting.

Hope you love Bali. Wish it was me.:D

Just go to one off the little phone shops and the guys there will help you to put the simpati card in and also activate it. Enjoy!

Back