Vacancy period for Southbank, VIC

Anyone got a feel for how long you could expect to wait between tenants for a 1 bed on the Southbank at the moment?

Minimal. If your PM is doing their job 1 week. 2 weeks absolute max.

1 bedders have very strong demand in Southbank, especially at this time of year. Lived there for a few years and own nearby (not in Southbank though)

Hi London

I am a property manager who works within this area and we are finding a huge demand at the moment especially one bedroom furnished.

My landlords would only experience no more than one week between. But because we are in a very busy part of the year for renting most have one day between the old and the new.

Trish

Thanks so shouldn't be long between tenants then.

My current tenant (a short stay co.) has approached me with a proposal for 3yr fixed lease (+2yr option), w/ yrly CPI rental increments, but I have to make an initial outlay for furniture. I know there will be depreciation advantages but not sure whether this outweighs the benefits of a std tenant. Also at the end of the tenancy I'll have a load of furniture and I don't see any rentals for furnished apts at the moment in the area. What is the current rental for 1 bed furnished (no park) anyway?

Not sure whether to accept or go down the standard tenant route which I've never done before so just trying to weigh up the pros and cons.

Hi there
we have a furnished studio with no car park in Spring Hill - rather than South bank- but we are getting $340 per week for it.
One bed units would be getting more.
I would think you could get a similar rental for South Bank
thanks

Hi there
we have a furnished studio with no car park in Spring Hill - rather than South bank- but we are getting $340 per week for it.
One bed units would be getting more.
I would think you could get a similar rental for South Bank
thanks

Raddles, I believe London was referring to Southbank in Melbourne not Brisvegas.

Out of interest, how much is an unfurnished equivalent of your IP? Stayed in Spring Hill a few times when I have been travelling to Brisbane for work. Its not a bad place little area, close to the CBD & transport.

Hi Buzz
you are quite right - should have looked at the heading more closely - however, that said I still think the figures should be of interest because Spring Hill Brisbane - would be proximate as is Southbank Melbourne to the CBD - and a lot of the capital cities Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane have very similar figures.

An unfurnished equivalent of our IP - is actually very hard to find at the moment. But could range from about $250 per week to $280 per week I would think.
thanks

Back