Valuation: setting up as 3 or 2 bedder

Hi all

We have a PPOR which we will look to get revalued in the next two months

It has a spacious living/dining room opening onto a back deck. And a separate kitchen with bench/breakfast bar. It has two bedrooms and a third room at the front which could be either a bedroom or a living room. We currently have set up as a living room.

For the purposes of valuation, would we achieve a better result if we set this up as a bedroom? Or is it enough that it's clear it could be a third bedroom.

K

I would be either setting it up as a bedroom, or leaving a big note that "this is a bedroom but we have chosen to use it as a living room". A three bedroom house will be more valuable (generally) than a two bedroom.

Of course, if you will be home, you can tell the valuer direct without changing the room.

I would guess most valuers are not dummies, but I wouldn't take the risk that whoever values it might somehow list it as a two bedder.

Doesn't matter how you set it up it will still be as it is - most of the time. I had a client who converted a living room as a second bedroom. Valuer seen through it and valued it is a 1 bedder.

valuers will be valuers

Dont think it would matter too much in your case

had a marrickville 2 bedder val come back 100 k low

Why we asked..............

because they arent really bedrooms, its only a small 2 bedda, so we compared it to one beds of similar size...........

ta
rolf

Back