Vendor provided Building and Pest Reports?

Hi everyone,

Have my first PPOR open house tomorrow! The apartment is going to auction.
What are your thoughts on getting B&P and strata reports done that are provided for potential buyers to look at during inspections? Assuming they are relatively clean, is this a good idea?

Thank you!

What are your thoughts on getting B&P and strata reports done that are provided for potential buyers to look at during inspections?
Most unit buyers do not get B&P - as that is the BCs responsibility anyway.

But get a strata report by all means. This may assist you in getting more bidders (who get tired of paying for reports and not winning).

Assuming they are relatively clean, is this a good idea?
There will be nothing you can do about a strata report that raises 'issues'. It is what it is. All this will do is alert you to any problems that intending purchasers will find out for themselves (if they get a report, and some don't :eek:) so it is not a surprise.

we are going to have a pest and building report done on our PPOR, which we will show to prospective purchasers..... but I always think they should get one done themselves anyway.
I dont think it hurts to have one there. Even if it does say something bad, at least you can confront it and deal with it, rather than someone finding out after they have placed an offer and then pulling out as a result.

Back