Views on Diamond Creek

What's everyone's opinion on Diamond Creek in North East Victoria? Our plan was to build in Eltham, Montmorency or lower plenty originally but have found the land prices too high (we have a budget of about 700k) and we've found all decent land in those areas all range from 500 k plus. Hence, we now have our eyes on Diamond Creek which is a bit further out. I wanted to know whether others think it's a good place to live in terms of transport, distance from city, amenities and general population of the suburb, and also whether there's any significant outlook on capital growth in the area.

nice area it is.
its not too far from everything
zone 2 transport on the train to the city
how many kms from melb cbd is it rodney?? it would be anymore than 25km at the top of my head

It is 23kms from the CBD

As with most places in the north eastern suburbs house prices have risen dramatically.

Diamond Creek has a shopping strip, ambulance station, police station, schools, railway station, pub, football oval and it does not take long to get to the ring road.

Chris

So would you consider it a good place to live and raise a family?
Our other option is to buy a town house closer in to the city for a similar budget.

Do you want a garden for kids...or will you be working for some time without kids?

The townhouse and the house with a garden are completely different lifestyles

Go to Diamond Creek, spend some time walking around, eat at the pub...go a few weekends, look at the houses available, then do the same with the townhouses. Then decide

Chris

I agree with Chrispy. It completely depends on your lifestyle.

If you choose to move to DC it will be loads quieter than the city. Larger block. Larger house. Great for raising a family. Choice of kinders & schools. Limited choice of places to eat out without travelling. Diamond Creek tavern caters for a family meal if you are prepared to have your child fall off the seat in the playroom while playing the games as we saw on two different occasions (not our children). Meal not great but priced to cater for families eating out.

Diamond Creek has it's own train station & you are pretty much guaranteed a seat which is a bonus! Coles, bank, bakery etc.

It is however a long way from the city. An expensive taxi ride home from city/airport.

Ultimately depends on the lifestyle you are hoping to achieve.

Good Luck!

AA

Does anyone know anything about the new estates or land releases around bellridge road, david hockney drive or herberts lane? What your opinion on them?

Are you reliant on trains to the city? A few of the peak hr trains end at greensborough or eltham. You might end up driving to another station if you do as not many trains during peak hr and express trains are packed.

Im in doreen 10 mins out further. Work in the eastern suburb of doncaster.
Cummuting is fine to the city and to work.
I used to live in Sth Yarra renting with a mate, alot better to have a big house and yard in my opinion now.
Eating out - your limited, but theres a good thai place in diamond creek
Good qaulity of life out there in my opinion

Back