2000 m2
20 meter frontage, 100m fence line
Rectangle shape
Slopes away from street approx 4 meters total
900mm storm water pipe I can connect into
No easements restricting building
Sewer connection 1 meter deep 25 meters from the front boundry

My questions:
Would 900mm be sufficient for storm water run off. The pipe starts at this property and has minimal street inflows
I was told that I could have a dwelling connect into the sewer approx 50 meters behind the sewer point for correct fall ( total 75m from front boundry).
Can I fit 6 x 2/3 br single story villas onsite?

Will 6 single storey villas fit on 2000 sqm? Yes (assuming reasonable setbacks).

The key questions for you though is what does the council zoning allow for density on the block?
What are the setback requirements, height restrictions and what does the market want in that location?
How much recreational space and parking does council require?

There may be a better and higher use potentially than the 6 single storey villas.

Council is fine with 6 villas. It is under 300 m2 per dwelling requirement.
I think the market wants single story villas. Some 2, some 3 br I reckon as a mix.
Not sure about the setback requirements...

Since a dwelling sewer connection needs to be no further from the front boundary than 75 meters my real concern is will that limit 6 villas? There will likely be wasted space out the back of the development.

Well it looks like I have lost this one...

It does appear to be a good opportunity, however I made a low offer and apparently there is a higher offer on the table...

I don't know how much of that is true, and whether I should increase my offer but in this market I'm being pretty conservative.

Time will tell if I'm making the right decision...

Back