Waiting to lease out

Why on earth not? Tenants with pets trawl through websites searching for 'pet friendly' and 'pets considered' and often use that as a filter when looking at properties.

Definitely! By putting pet friendly on the ad, you WILL get 3 times as much interest, and higher rent. Also lower turnover because there are fewer options for tenants with pets, and once they find a home they will stay. REA has a box that helps filter for "pet friendly".

One drawback with REA's "pet friendly" filter is that it doesn't give you the option to set guidelines about pets. eg. does pet friendly mean you want guinea pigs, cats, pigs or horses? Do pets have to be desexed, microchipped, and obedience trained and good neighbours? Here is how an ad can address these in my new business website http://www.rentwithpets.com.au/?task=property_details&id=94#ad-image-0
You're welcome to put this house (complimentary) on Rent With Pets and see what types of responses you get. I'll share it on our social media too ;)

Selecting for a responsible pet owner is very important, as you want someone who will take care of your property. I've got a few guidelines here too. It is a work in progress and feedback welcome. http://www.rentwithpets.com.au/index.php/landlords2/how-to-find-good-tenants

The second version of the listing is much better, but it doesn't stand out. I noticed that an inspection time is listed in the ad, but not in the correct box so it won't get on the inspection planner. Many people find REA's inspection planner very convenient when they're looking at multiple properties.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Yen

Can someone please help me? I do not understand the Terms & Conditions. I really want to leave this agency but I've signed an exclusive management authority for residential premises form so I do not know what implications are involved?

I understand I still have to pay advertising and photography fees (despite the fact that they are useless) but what else do I have to do in order to walk away?

Attachments

• Terms & Conditions - Reiwa.pdf
    462.1 KB · Views: 712
Can someone please help me? I do not understand the Terms & Conditions. I really want to leave this agency but I've signed an exclusive management authority for residential premises form so I do not know what implications are involved?

I understand I still have to pay advertising and photography fees (despite the fact that they are useless) but what else do I have to do in order to walk away?

Standard REIWA terms there. How long is your management authority for?

A month is too long. Ask the agent what the feedback is from people who inspected the property and make a decision of what to do from there eg. lower the price, repaint the interior etc.
Making assumptions about the market is unnecessary risk. Cheers

Is there a termination notice period on the management agreement? If so you might have a hard time changing agents. Cheers

Is there a termination notice period on the management agreement? If so you might have a hard time changing agents. Cheers

Would it be worthwhile to bite the bullet, pay out the termination fee to sack them early? Half of the term could be very cheap, or very expensive depending on the term of the original agreement. If something goes wrong with the tenants or the property needs repairs, I would not trust this agent to know how to handle it properly.

I don't see the property listed on gumtree.

I put my rental just on gumtree last month for a property in the next suburb and got about a dozen enquires in a few days and my property was listed for $450 p/w with pet friendly. I had open inspections when people asked.
Most people who checked the house wanted aircon. I installed a split systems and it was leased.

You need open inspection times so people can just rock up, booking inspections takes effort.
You need to have pet friendly listed.

Would it be worthwhile to bite the bullet, pay out the termination fee to sack them early? Half of the term could be very cheap, or very expensive depending on the term of the original agreement. If something goes wrong with the tenants or the property needs repairs, I would not trust this agent to know how to handle it properly.

Generally it's not economically feasible taking that approach. It's better wait for the agent to find a new tenant and then terminate.

Back