Wall mounting huge tv

One of our tenants would like to mount her huge TV on the wall of the living room. She has already purchased the brackets and Dad works at Bunnings, he wants to do it for her. So far fair enough.

We are concerned that the brackets may not line up with the studs or the entire thing be too heavy for the wall.

We will be present for the job and Hubby is pretty cluey about trades, but this monster TV spooks me. Should we ask for it to go onto the brick wall rather than the plaster wall - harder to repair in the future - or get a professional installer, or what?

Fixing into timber studs is fine, the brackets are adjustable so the studs don't have to be in an exact position.

However, why open yourself up to many potential problems by installing the bracket for the tenants "Huge TV".
What if the TV falls off the wall, whether it's a faulty bracket, wall screw, or the tenants doing, you're gonna get blamed.

Why get involved at all?

I agree above. We have 3 wall mounted TVs, and they are all rock solid. It does take a little preparation and planning, but once they are up they are right. I suggest if they are not confident putting up themselves, they remunerate a handyman so the responsibility falls in their hands and not yours.

pinkboy

If they were there very long term, looked like they'd be there even longer, and paid for a professional to do the job, I'd let them go ahead, otherwise I'd say NO.

Agree with Rolf :confused:.

Back