Warren Buffett's Car on eBay...

I thought this may interest a few people. Warren Buffett has donated his car to a charity and is selling it on eBay. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for.

For the past 3 - 4 years there have been charity auctions where the winning bidder gets to take a party of 8 to have lunch and the afternoon with Warren and talk about anything they wanted to talk about. These lunches have been going for between US$250,000 and I think the last one was something like US$350,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lincoln-Town-Car-Warren-Buffetts-2001-Signature-Series-Lincoln-Town-Car_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31851QQihZ015QQitemZ250028604863QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Cheers

G'day SoS,

An interesting post - thanks. I like the bit about WB himself "donning a chauffeurs cap to pick up the winning bidder from Omaha airport".

Funny thing though - the actual presentation of the deal has a few "holes" (not what I would've expected of such a high-brow sale):-

1. Mr. Buffett has offered to chauffeur the winners from Omaha airport, yet the Ebay item location is "San Luis, California"

2. Ebay shows as "Sells to worldwide" - yet the conditions clearly state "Only eligible to residents of the USA and Canada".

Still, a generous gesture from a top bloke !!! I'm certainly not knocking him in any way. And, after your earlier comments, SoS - it almost sounds like $35k is a gimme price if it gets Warren Buffett in the same car with you for half-an-hour (AND you get to keep the car afterward) - the number plates alone must be a good percentage of the value (20%?)

THRIFTY

Interesting number plate message from this bloke :D (it's not the first thought one has of him though, eh?)

Regards,

Back