Water Charge NSW - water save

New purchase in NSW is about to settle mid June, was fortunate to been able to advertise in this time and agent has found a tenant.. so no vanancy at all yay!

When I requested that its set up that the tenant pays water this was the response from the agent

"To enable us to charge the tenant for water usage you would need to ensure that water efficiency devices are installed to the kitchen sink, bathroom vanity and shower. We can arrange a plumber to do this for you as I am confident these are currently not in place."

My tenant is SA pays for water usage, there is the original taps etc...

My tenant in NSW elsewhere pays for water usage, not sure what taps...

Can people please confirm that this is correct also what would be an approx costs for plumber to do this?

Thank you in advance

We had a government subsidised Waterwise inspection on our IPs. It was a licensed plumber doing the flow checks on the shower and taps with a written report. Cost us $50 but I believe it could be easily done by your local plumber for abut $100 (guessing here).

I don't like the "I am confident these are currently not in place" comment from our PM. What would he/she know if she isn't a plumber (unless your place has "original" kitchen and bathroom")?

New purchase in NSW is about to settle mid June, was fortunate to been able to advertise in this time and agent has found a tenant.. so no vanancy at all yay!

When I requested that its set up that the tenant pays water this was the response from the agent

"To enable us to charge the tenant for water usage you would need to ensure that water efficiency devices are installed to the kitchen sink, bathroom vanity and shower. We can arrange a plumber to do this for you as I am confident these are currently not in place."

My tenant is SA pays for water usage, there is the original taps etc...

My tenant in NSW elsewhere pays for water usage, not sure what taps...

Can people please confirm that this is correct also what would be an approx costs for plumber to do this?

Thank you in advance

Is it an unit/apartment or townhouse/house?

If you want to pass on the water usage cost then there are mainly two requirements.
1. It has to be separately metered.
2. House has to be water efficient. To prove that you need a certificate from a plumber :rolleyes:

2. House has to be water efficient. To prove that you need a certificate from a plumber :rolleyes:

No, you dont need a certificate. You just need to make sure the house is water efficient.

From fairtrading website: If you are unsure if your existing taps and showerheads meet the required standards you could carry out a simple bucket and stop watch test to see if, when fully turned on, the flow rate is less than 9 litres in a minute.

Full details here:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/f...uring_a_tenancy/Passing_on_water_charges.page

Back