Water rates and services for future development site

Advice needed.

I have a large development site for which I am currently in the process of getting a permit for a resi development.

On the site I have a large uninhabited building which will get demolished when the time comes.

I have Electricity and Gas services disconnected - so no supply charges there, however - is there a method of notifying the water supplier that the site will be redeveloped so the current supply/sewage/drainage are not required?

I don't intend moving on this project for say 3years and these un-necesary costs add up.

rgs

wombat

and water charges - Electricity and Gas

Wombat
I know when we began our triplex development last year, both council and water authority are notified when the demoltion application is lodged. The property is then assessed as "vacant land" until the development is complete. Things like council bins are then collected.
In terms or annual rates though you still pay and they dont necessarily go down ( in $ terms ).
In your case though as you wont be submitting a demolition application I'd call your council direct and see what they have to say :rolleyes:

Ross

Thanks Ross.

Makes sense about getting a permit to demolish and will need to follow up on this. I'll find out more from the council and water authority for the area.

wombat

Back