Weekend away

Want to take hubby away for his birthday in a few weeks.

Any ideas for a 3 day weekend away within 3-4 hrs of Canberra?

We went to the blue mountains about 6 months ago, so probably not looking to go there again so soon (although absolutely loved it).

Where are the hidden gems in NSW?

Braidwood?

Years ago we had a lovely weekend the Carrington, but recent reviews are not so good. There's some great reviews of the Old Stone House though. Lots of craft shops if you like that.

Beaufort House in Adelong. Simply stunning. Beautiful countryside and the guesthouse is beautiful.

Great Austrian restaurant on site as well.

Bright, Victoria - not sure if the leaves will have completely dropped by then though. Stunning place, a lot like what I expect British Columbia would be like. Fresh, clean air, vibrant colors and tons of walking & biking if you're into that plus some great eateries in Bright itself. We were up there this weekend just gone and loved it.

Thanks for all the suggestions - greatly appreciated.

We've stayed at Lake Crackenback a few times - agree that it is amazing. I love the log fire against the backdrop of the lake. The Schnapps distillery is great too.

Bright is such a pretty part of the world, we've been there a few times as well (my grandmothers family were originally from Wandiligong about 5kms down the road).

The coast sounds nice - its not somewhere we normally go. Will definitely look into these suggestions, thanks!

I like the idea of the hunter valley (never been), but no idea what's there (I did google a bit). Also like the idea of something around the Hawkesbury - again no idea what is actually there.

Back