We're Landlords !!

On the 5th of December we had settlement on our first IP.

Thanks to this everyone on this board for lots of information and 3rd party encouragement.

With rates on the way down ATM, this might be easier than we thought...:cool:

well done tahnn however owning a property may not mean that you are a landlord!

you choose whether you want to be a landlord or an investor!

landlords use their time to save money (DIY everything) and investors use their time to make money (leverage time to create more wealth). :D

I own 10 high value properties (not units) and have done over 30 to 40 property transactions, however I have never been a landlord ;):D:D

Xenia, I think you are fiddling with words here. I am both a landlord AND an investor, just like you :p.

I know you are no doubt trying to show the difference between mindsets of landlords and investors, but whether or not you call yourself a landlord, you are indeed one :)

Nothing to be ashamed of.

On the 5th of December we had settlement on our first IP.

Thanks to this everyone on this board for lots of information and 3rd party encouragement.

With rates on the way down ATM, this might be easier than we thought...:cool:

Great work Thann..Enjoy the journey :). Where did u buy and how much did you pay for it?

Cheers

Is there any such thing as a "Landlord" now... I thought we must all use the PC term Lessor??

Who is a lessor?
A lessor is a person who owns a premises and rents it to a tenant.

Personally I like the idea of being a LORD!!! :D Not a less..or ??

Congratulations Thann :)

You might want to consider locking in low interest rates soon if you are planning to hold the property long term.

Cheers,

After a lot of looking around and bidding locally (Darwin) and getting blown out of the water, we offered on two properties in Katherine.

One vendor stuck to her guns on the price, the other was willing to negotiate.

So, we've paid $170k for a two bedroom unit which is renting for $250 pw.

We have two loans as part of a TIO package.

18k @ 6.41% Var IO + Offset Account
159k @ 6.41% Var IO
Credit Card.

Our plan is to help the 18k loan reduce faster, and when we have enough cashflow and equity, purchase again.

Just remember to fix those rates at the point you think is lowest when the time comes next year,

Katherine hey?
Keep me posted on your rental vacancy rates, will be interesting to know,

Congrats! not a bad yield either, should really only cost you about 2k per annum,

Back