West Australians Investing in Property (WAIP)

Hi this is an update for the next WAIP meeting for Wed 25th June. We are the group that Investr posted a few months back under "perth investing group"

Hello Everyone,
Firstly thankyou to Mark Pozzi, for his fantastic talk last month! Mark was truly inspirational and so very knowledgeable about so many aspects of investing – it was fantastic and the feedback has been sensational! By the end we all definitely wanted to be like Mark when we grow up!
We have a very exciting meeting ahead don’t miss it! And to all our new people, welcome, we hope you find these Perth get togethers educational, informative and inspiring!
Details for our next meeting are as follows;
Date: Wednesday 25th June, 2008
Registration and Networking from 6:30pm for a 7:00pm sharp start
Networking and nibbles afterwards
Venue: Onedex Training Centre, 44 Goodwood Parade, Burswood
Cost: Parking is FREE but there will be a $10 charge per head for room hire/electronics.
Don’t miss our fantastic 2 presenters in June!
Helen Collier-Kogtevs from Real Wealth Australia will be here to talk to us about how to avoid the biggest mistakes made by property investors! Visit Helen at http://www.realwealthaustralia.com.au <http://www.realwealthaustralia.com.au/>

Broke to owning a multi-million dollar property portfolio, learn from a Melbourne woman who started with nothing and created real wealth even after making her fair share of mistakes. Property investing is not difficult however it is easy to make huge financial mistakes whether you are a novice or an advanced investor. Author and investor Helen Collier-Kogtevs identifies the most common investing stuff ups and how to avoid them!

Helen will go through the top 6 mistakes to avoid;
#1 falling in love with the property
#2 there’s a reason why they’re called experts
#3 not doing your homework
#4 hitting the financial brick wall
#5 buying sight unseen
#6 not having an exit strategy

And don’t miss Anna Ward from Perth! Anna is a private property investor whose business centres around positive cash flow rentals. Her business mantra is Living spaces for a purpose – Anna is very focused on tailoring her properties to what the market needs. She will tell us tales from the trenches on managing tenants and handy tips on renovation management. Anna is out there and really doing it – learn from her great experience in the current property market!

This is one not to be missed! Two powerful women talking to us about their investing fortunes!
It would be greatly appreciated if you could RSVP to the meeting so that we can get rough numbers.

FUTURE MONTHLY MEETING DATES
Keep your diaries free for upcoming meetings for 2008.
Wednesday 30th July TBA
Wednesday 27th August TBA
Have a wonderful day and happy investing!
Kelly and Jenny
0400148641 Kelly
[email protected] Jenny

Last edited:
Put your hand up if you attended the meeting tonight.

It was another really inspirational meeting with two fantastic speakers.

Regards, Linda

No worries Blue card. Apparently there were quite a few attendees from Somersoft.

One of the speakers, Helen writes for a couple of magazines. She has $7.2 mill of property. Here's a link.

http://www.realwealthaustralia.com.au/articles

The other speaker Anna had some tips on property management, adding value to your property, and featured on the cover of Jan 2000 API. She has LOTS of properties.

Both women are a huge inspiration.

Regards, Linda

Just a quick one, trying to start on my tax. If anyone else wants to add please do.

Helen
*If your too neg. geared banks will stop you from investing
*spread risk, use more than one bank. Use seperate bank to lend than sav. a/c
*see her articles in links above for more info
*you can scrap (writeoff remaining value) when you renovate and demolish house.

Anna (self manages her large portfolio)
*know your properties and people. By knowing "people" it will enable you to pick a good tenant, deal with them.
*know your property - Keep a medical record of each property and service. eg new blinds Nov 07, A/c regassed feb 08, new fan march 09. Then if something is brocken etc, you have a good record and can argue why it is damaged, etc.
*when signing a lease include sheets for tenantts to sign - eg. I agree to keep property free from mould and instructions on how to keep property mould free. Stands up well in court
*mention inc in ir, services, maint., land tax when giving notice to inc rent
*keep record of everything/ everything in writing

Some ways to inc rent
*security
*good scrub
*paint
*rent by room
*convert carport to another room and add new carport
*ask tenant what the like for inc.

A group of attendees are joining a subscription for RP Data - 12 mths - WA, which is cheaper as a group. - The group might be finalised at this point.

Cheers!

new meeting 30/07

NEW MEETING WEDNESDAY 30 JULY

same burswood time, same burswood channel.

bring your R Codes queries - i'll be hosting a Q&A session.

July WAIP meeting details

Hello Everyone,
Firstly thankyou to our 2 fantastic, inspirational speakers from last month Anna Ward and Helen Collier-Kogtevs! It was a seriously girl power month where learnt everything from how to really manage tenants from Anna to what mistakes not to make from Helen – it was a fantastic night! Also thank you to Ben Geoghegan for organising Anna to come and speak to us she was fantastic!
We have a very exciting meeting ahead don’t miss it! And to all our new people, welcome, we hope you find these Perth get togethers educational, informative and inspiring!
Details for our next meeting are as follows;
Date: Wednesday 30th July, 2008
Registration and Networking from 6:30pm for a 7:00pm sharp start
Networking and nibbles afterwards
Venue: Onedex Training Centre, 44 Goodwood Parade, Burswood (see attached map)
Cost: Parking is FREE but there will be a $10 charge per head for room hire/electronics.
MONTHLY SPEAKERS

Don’t miss Emma Everett from Momentum Wealth who will be here to talk to us about all things to do with Managing Property Developments, including how to successfully manage developments to build real wealth! Visit Emma at http://www.momentumwealth.com.au

And don’t miss our Q&A session with Aaron Sice from Blue Card! Industries. Aaron will be here to answer all of our questions on Residential Design Codes (R codes). Visit Aaron at http://www.bluecardindustries.com <http://www.bluecardindustries.com/>
The Final Word…..
The Final word is a new section we are adding to our monthly meetings. This section gives any of our valued members a chance to talk about “anything you like really”. It is intended to ask those burning questions, provide information to the group, and ask for help with a problem you are currently facing or look at some real deal numbers!
This month the final word will come from Jarrad and Denise from the Investors Edge.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
It would be greatly appreciated if you could RSVP to the meeting so that we can get rough numbers.
FUTURE MONTHLY MEETING DATES
Keep your diaries free for upcoming meetings for 2008.
Wednesday 27th August TBA
Wednesday 24th September
Have a wonderful day and happy investing!
Kelly and Jenny
Don’t forget to pick up your ticket when you register for this months door prize!

Good luck Aaron - hope you have a good night tonight presenting.

I went along last month and listened to both Anna and Helen, a fantastic night away from the TV and the computer screen and inter-acting with real people - great stuff.

For all those other folk in Perth, I can highly recommend the evening as a good night out of you like chatting about property. No hard sell, no TIC atmosphere....just good folks getting together and having a positive pontification pertaining to passive people's passionate property pursuits....(How's that for an alliteration !!!).

Last edited:
Have come down with the dreaded flu and the government tells me I should stay at home and nmot infect you all; good luck to Aaron with the presentation, hope you all have a great time

Look forward to a run down of the evening on SS

images

A fantastic presentation Aaron. You make the R-codes sound so easy! Great tips for maximising site and building also! The other presentations were equally as interesting.
I won't be posting updates in future, so all the the best to everyone! I'm currently focusing on other projects. I might meet some of you at future meetings. :D
Monthly WAIP meetings will still be announced here.

ah it's just because i've been doing it for so long. there' no qualification for R Codes knowledge other than experience.

glad you enjoyed it.

Back