West Sydney property could not be rented for one month

I see the thread of perth one. Here is my similar story.

I had a house in Mount Druit area, ex-tenant damaged the house. The fix was almost over two week before. But PM has been advertising it for one month when the basic stuff is ready.

I dropped the price $30 last week. The agents said no application so far.
Got many questions.

1 if it's normal to have such vacancy in Mount Druitt with 0.8% vacancy rate
2 could I change PM ? I was stupid to sign the agreement with 60 days termination notice. Could I switch instantly since it's not tenanted?
3 the PM mentioned I had bad neighbor who had many people gathering there which is the reason scared potential tenant. But we put inspection time on early morning to avoid that. Is there anything else we could do
4 How could I tell whether PM try to delay the renting to persuading me to sell. PM did mentioned several times I should sell it

Thanks!

Last edited:
get someone to call the agency and ask a few questions about your property. see how they react, describe the property. This may show you alot about how they operate and how cooperative they are or aren't

I had no trouble finding tenants for my IP in Lethbridge Park.

I advertised it on gumtree and had lots of enquiries.

Previous tenants moved out on the Sunday. New tenants moved in the next day :D

Cheers,
dreamgirl

Mind if I ask when did you look for new tenant?
Also do you go through a PM or self manage if you find tenants from Gumtree.

I had no trouble finding tenants for my IP in Lethbridge Park.

I advertised it on gumtree and had lots of enquiries.

Previous tenants moved out on the Sunday. New tenants moved in the next day :D

Cheers,
dreamgirl

Yep I have seen a glut of rentals disappear from around 2770 that were hanging around for a while, Willmot for example had about 8 listings and now down to 2. St Marys still has heaps though

Mind if I ask when did you look for new tenant?
Also do you go through a PM or self manage if you find tenants from Gumtree.

I advertised 10 days before the tenants were due to leave.
Had 2 open homes.
I started self-managing this property in October last year.
Also advertised in Domain (paid $231 for 2 wks) but only got 2 enquiries so it was a complete waste of money!
The new tenants even gave a freshly baked banana cake when I gave them the keys! :D

Cheers,
dreamgirl

Changed pm to Nathan today. Waiting for Nathan to do his magic.
Btw the inquiry i sent online as a tenant monday night got no.response from former agent yet. what a waste of time.

Hi Flossed,

I checked with my staff and they said they have 4 inquiries within 2 hours of uploading it to the net.

Unsure why it was unrented for so long....

Nath.

Changed pm to Nathan today. Waiting for Nathan to do his magic.
Btw the inquiry i sent online as a tenant monday night got no.response from former agent yet. what a waste of time.

Which (former) agent?

Ive used a couple there. Crap is an understatement.

My former agent prematurely reduced the rent by $20 a week!

It wasn't supposed to be reduced til the proposed granny flat construction started, so I terminated their contract and started self-managing...

I live not close to this area. Also i have my own engagement. i don't mind using Pm as long as they manage it well.
My former agent prematurely reduced the rent by $20 a week!

It wasn't supposed to be reduced til the proposed granny flat construction started, so I terminated their contract and started self-managing...

Back