Westpac gets into the Pork Barrel Game as well

But beware, its for a particular target market and comes with a limited max .80 discount

ANZ still leads the pack on the Barrel I reckon

Sign of the low credit growth times ................

ta
rolf

Effective Monday 3 October 2011, Westpac is giving a $1,000 cash credit for eligible customers who take up the offer below. This means that, for a limited time, your customers can enjoy a package of incentives on new home loans in our award-winning Premier Advantage Package including a discount of up to 0.8% p.a. off the variable rate on a variable rate home loan and a 20% discount on the first year of your home and contents insurance on their new home.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE $1,000 CASH BACK, YOUR CUSTOMER WILL NEED TO:
 Choose the Westpac Premier Advantage Package and take out a new home loan of $250K or more (standard package fee of $395 applies)
 Use a Westpac Choice account to make their new home loan repayments by direct debit.
 Apply between 1 October and 31 October 2011
 Ensure Settlement occur by 31 January 2012
For your convenience, a variety of scenarios are tabled below. Please assume that in all scenarios meet the eligibility criteria detailed above:
Customer Scenario Eligible for cash back Reason
New to bank customer applies for two loans under one application (under PAP) with total borrowings >$250k
New borrowings > $250k and under PAP
New to bank customer refinances two separate mortgages - $300k and $550k (separate applications) under PAP
New borrowings > $250k and under PAP
Existing customer with a $300k mortgage at WBC, refinances a second mortgage $100k to WBC under PAP x New borrowings < $250k
Existing customer with a $400k mortgage and customer requests a top-up of $100k, under PAP x New borrowings < $250k
New to bank customer applies for an EAL under PAP >$500k but would prefer not to set up a DDR to their mortgage from their Choice account x Choice account must be opened and a DDR set-up to the mortgage account
Existing customer internally refinances a $600k mortgage under PAP x Not new borrowings
New to bank customer opening a $100k Flexi-first loan and a $200k Rocket loan under PAP x New borrowings under PAP < $250k
Key: PAP - Premier Advantage Package, DDR - Direct Debit, EAL - Equity Access Loan
Important Note: the $1,000 Cash Back offer is available in conjunction with the Spring Campaign offer of 0.8% discount under PAP for borrowings > $500k; however no additional interest rate discretion will be available under these offers.

ANZ still leads the pack on the Barrel I reckon

Agreed - it's good to see the window of opportunity for consumers to organise a cheaper loan(s) has been extended for a couple more months.

They must be getting hammered at the moment though - their turnaround times have blown out by quite a bit. We were getting sub 80% deals approved within 24 hours.....it's now up to 5 business days.

Cheers

Jamie

5 business days isn't too bad for any lender right now. A 2 business day turnaround indicates a very straight forward file. :)

I'm not sure I agree to a window of opportunity. By offering volume and risk based interest rates, lenders have set the market. Initially ANZ and CBA were only offering their discounts until the 20th of September. These have extended out to November, at which point I suspect they'll be extended further.

Originally the 0.7% discount with CBA was actually 0.6% (loans over $250k). They offered 0.7% as a 'special' becuase the other lenders were offering it as their standard package. The 'special' kept on getting extended. I recall they dropped it back to 0.6% at one point and re-enstated 0.7% very quickly as they didn't get much business that month.

Even if lenders don't continue to offer their current discount after November (or whenever the current expiry date is), both brokers and savvy consumers will continue to ask for those discounts and more, simply because the lenders have set our expectations.

I guess this is why Rolf is calling it a Pork Barrel Game :)

Back