What a great forum this is....

It continues to amaze me the helpfulness of most people on this forum. We get help with everything from Property (obviously) Accounting stuff (Mry and Depreciator saved me thousands of dollars), Car accidents, Travel Plans, Shares, and with Jen's thread, even becoming an Australian resident. So I try to help others out as much as I can just to say thanks.

So congratulations to the Administrators for allowing all this to happen, but everyone should also be pretty pleased with the wonderful community this is.

Thankyou one and all :D

Hear hear.

This site never fails to inspire me, educate me, and sometimes amuse me.

Thanks everyone.

Regards
Marty

I'd like to add my appreciation too, for the depth and breadth of education, support and enlightenment I get from the posts. I would not have achieved what I have, without this forum....and that's a certainty...all the way to the bank.:)

It takes time and effort for people to post....thankyou all!

I don't know what I would do if SSoft forum wasn't here.

It is my one stop shop for all my information and investor information. I cherish everyones opinions as it helps me to weigh up investment decisions much more easily.

SSoft is my investing "family", as talking investment with real family is often a very short one-sided conversation...too risky, don't do it. :)

and fantastic to "bounce" ideas of people who understand, have no vested interest and are (generally) very positve and encouraging.

i get twitchy if i don't get on for a few days ...

Agreed!

One of the biggest benefits, IMHO, is the ability to be candid about your successes and ambitions. Given this community is receptive to the concept of wealth accumulation, you don't get all the nasty prejudices you'd find if you started talking about this sort of stuff with your other "friends".

I love this community as it gives me an outlet to discuss my goals and not coach them in soft, measured statements. I can say: "Is $100K cash buffer enough?" and not get "greedy fat cow" as a response... ;)

I also learn so much from all of the really experienced people here that have been there, done that already. I try and give back as much as I can, but I really am still the little guy with big dreams.

Love this place. Would be gutted if it no longer existed.

Cheers,
Michael.

I agree totally! I am new to the forums here so have been reading over all the new and old posts, and my god! what an absolute plethora of good and valid information,also it comes from the best source, people who have used and learnt all the things they talk about from first hand experience!
In my opinion this forum is as helpful or more helpful than most books out there.
So good job to all you posters, please keep up the great and informative work!

I look forward to many years of learning and sharing here...now that I finally found you all...

Cheers

Reactions: Les
Yes, I hadnt thought of being able to talk about $$$$$ without being called greedy. I cant talk about any of the Invetsments we have with siblings because they would poo poo the lot and say it was too risky blah blah. They are of the ilk that all debt is bad debt. And shares, well, pfft to shares they say.

So yes, that is a huge benefit on this forum. Twitchy, yes, definately twitchy here too Lizzie! We go away for four days next week without my laptop - I wont survive.....how tragic am I!

I was away in Tassie for 5 days...no email...no SS...got home and trolled the SS site first to see if I'd missed anything!:D

I agree! Used to check out other property sites, but now it's SS exclusively. The breadth and depth of info here is awesome - I've laughed and cried and, above all, have learnt a hellava lot! Thanks to all who have contributed - you are truly amazing!!!

Cheers
LynnH

Reactions: Les
Well said, Pushka,

but everyone should also be pretty pleased with the wonderful community this is.
Yep, because it's everyone who makes it so. And everyone remakes it on a daily basis.

Just like a share, we do have occasional "ups and downs" - but we're all still here and still creating good value for everyone else. And everyone else is creating good stuff for us.

Like many others, this is my internet "home" too. A daily fix of good stuff to help me on my journey.

So, thank you all for making what we have here - a community of other humans with similar aspirations. And with lashings of humour, pathos, angst, love, consideration, enthusiasm, empathy, knowledge, sharing, encouragement, ...... sheesh, it's ALL here!!

Jan and Ian, and Sim', take a BOW !!! And THANK YOU so much,

Regards,

I was telling my "Relationship Manager" at the bank yesterday, about SS forum's and the nature of some of the posts (ie saving, finance, buy/hold/reno, etc). He was astounded to say the least. Wanted to know how much the subscription was? Helloo...tis free!:D He was impressed by the fact there was so much expertise and knowledge...just for the asking.

He also didn't immediately understand how I had acquired so much wealth creation know-how in such a short time. So I gave him a list of the books I'd read in the past year, and the SS web site. Told him twas all about reading, asking questions, making a plan, checking it out, and taking action. And where did I learn this? SS.

Hopefully, he might just join us and share some of his knowledge too!;)

Ooooo Sailor! May I casually suggest telling your relationship manager subscription is discounted for month of May, $100 for Our Obsession's bank account and $20 for little Sailor there (seriously, horses eat more than dogs;) )... this would be direct credited, monthly...not tax deductable....and for that he could ask me any question he likes.:p

Seriously, the forum of knowledge and experience and creativeness, lateral thinking and sharing and humor....and very beautiful people, and talent, shall I go on?

It is great:)

Ooooo Sailor! May I casually suggest telling your relationship manager subscription is discounted for month of May, $100 for Our Obsession's bank account and $20 for little Sailor there (seriously, horses eat more than dogs;) )... this would be direct credited, monthly...not tax deductable....and for that he could ask me any question he likes.:p

I have been with this bank for over 14 years now, and up until last Jan 06, they had ALL my stuff, but were largely not interested in having any communications with me unless telling me they would raise the interest rate. I tried several times to negotiate a lower one. Now that they are aware I am mortgaged to the eyeballs with other lenders (all good debt), I am "flavour of the month", and they want to buy me coffee!:rolleyes: If I hadn't gone in yesterday to get some bank chqs for Monday's IP settlement, they probably might not have contacted me.

So maybe I'll send in the pooch (who is the real Sailor) to visit them in person (yes he thinks he's a person in a dog suit)! He has a soulful way of looking at people that makes them acquiesce to his wishes...so I have no doubt he could con them out of $120 pm for him and his equine friend "Our Obsession".:D I do like the terms of this transaction.;)

When I had a taxation issue last year, I was DESPERATE for help. I turned to this forum for advice; and as a result I saved a lot of money in Tax that my accountants swore black and blue I had to pay. They had even printed off the returns and all I was 'supposed' to do was sign them. But I was so distressed that I had been misled about CG that I asked the questions on this forum, and some of the very savvy number people on this forum went to great lengths to give me information. It wiped almost $8,000 real cash of my tax bill because of my accountants lack of property knowledge.

When we met again I told him where I had found the information; he was so angry and told me that I should never trust the internet. So when I told him that I had been referred by SS to pages on the ATO website, he said, 'well we found that before you told us about them'

I am totally convinced that they knew nothing about their mistakes until I told the info from this forum. Needless to say he is not my accountant any more.

Hi all

I have to concur with this thread and expressions of appreciation with this site.

I have communicated via threads, PM and met with a few from this forum and have nothing but appreciation and admiration for everyone.

Whilst at times i am not the most articulate at expressing myself i have to say i greatly enjoyed all communication.

Cheers
BC

Hi everyone,

I also think this forum is fabulous. I thank Ian and Jan for allowing us all to communicate and share our ideas in this way.

Thanks to Jan and many others on this forum, I have been saved from 'ditching' part of my IP portfolio. I was going to ditch my outer suburb investments on the basis of advice from BA's who only source IP's in the inner rings of the city.

I now realise if I did that, I would seriously hinder my opportunity to build up a larger capital base.

So thanks to Jan, Ian and everyone who contributes on this forum. The wealth of information is staggering. Not to mention that its up to date. It's so inspiring to read of the successes of people who have built up amazing portfolios. What's even more amazing is that they are willing to share the details so freely. I don't know of anywhere else where this would be possible! Just as an added thought, its pretty much possible to find people to relate to and share ideas with who are at similar stages of the journey as yourself. You can then look ahead to see whats possible from the advanced investors. So inspirational!

Happy investing everyone!

Regards Jason.

Back