What about 3 sellable units ?

As you can see , I'm still in the early idea stages on this but !

I don't know much about units or their setup but how about 3 or 4 x individually sellable units instead . Something where by I could say do the first one or possibly two first, get them rentable and then later on down track as I got the money ad the 3rd and then maybe even a forth later again.
Or maybe just hang onto the back section for awhile , I could come up with a better idea or don't kna way of squeezing more in .

How is the land and titles set up on individually sellable units ?
Who ends up owning any access land around the block such as garden areas, around drives, little corners left out , whatever?

Because of it's exact location and zoning this block allows for just about anything and there is also a huge demand for units in the spot too as very little on offer but allot of the oldies after them, as it's right behind the shops, parks and a round corner from the hospital.

If I went that way I'd sell two or three eventually and keep something left.

Can anyone give me a quick run down on this type of setup or any suggestions that might be a good way to go? And simplest technique and setup maybe , love simplicity.

Cheers

Last edited:
You could potentially do a "staged" strata development.

Say 4 units but 1 or 2 at a time. Common areas exist and a BC like any unit development.

You could potentially do a "staged" strata development.

Say 4 units but 1 or 2 at a time. Common areas exist and a BC like any unit development.

Thanks PropertyU.

Would Staged Strata permits and costs likely to be cheaper or dearer to do than say a just complete subdivision into say 3 individual blocks ?

You'd have to make your own local enquiries in Vic. They do, do it in NSW although normally the stages have more than 1 unit in them ;)

By that, I mean if there is a 21 unit site, they might do it in 3 stages of say 7 units each. And as each stage gets sold OTP, they use some of the settlement monies from stage 1 to begin stage 2 etc.

If you're just doing 3-4 units and say you could do this, the tenants in unit 1 are not going to enjoy the construction noise next door at unit 2 for example.

Last edited:
Thanks for that muchly appreciated.

I've been onto it for the last few days and looking at the council reg's I can't see why I can't just put in for them one or two at a time now , in my own time.
It will cost a bit ore but it means I could do one now and then another in a few years time if I chose .
I did think about the tenants especially as I want to do the front one first and I have a solution.
" Excuse me guys , gonna be some building behind you for a mth or two , here's a slab and 2 mths at 1/2 rent " , should keep em of my case.

Cheers

Back