What are people's thoughts about Shepparton?

I see that Shepparton has low vacancy rates, and a low medium entry. The rental yields are pretty good over 5%. It is a regional town but a pretty good sized regional town. It's close to where I live so therefore just interested in those who have invested here and there thoughts. I'm looking for primarily cash flow positive property.
Cheers Martin

I see that Shepparton has low vacancy rates, and a low medium entry. The rental yields are pretty good over 5%. It is a regional town but a pretty good sized regional town. It's close to where I live so therefore just interested in those who have invested here and there thoughts. I'm looking for primarily cash flow positive property.
Cheers Martin

Do the maths

5% is nowhere near cash flow positive

And if it is then your deposit is most likely too large

I don't know that it has done well for capital growth- however I haven't looked for a long time.

If possible I'd be looking at a large block closer in, which could have another house built. But then the market would have probably priced this in- there's been a lot of this where it's allowed- for instance on the north end of Maude St and surrounds.

Back