What are the most important stats to shortlist a property?

Hi All,

This might be a dumb question, but what are you key stats that you look at when shortlisting a property that enough for you to say 'yea or nay' at a glance?

I have chosen the strategy, budget, suburbs and now I have started to look at the properties. I found that I have to spend quite a bit of time on each property to dismiss it or put it into maybe basket. There are a lot of statistics.

I found that looking at the pictures to assess how much renovations will be required is most useful. So far I think I would find it very useful to get house price to land ratio & the year house was built if it was listed.

What do you use as your 2 or 3 key indicators to shortlist property. What key performance indicators you find are missing?

These aren't necessarily stats, but some criteria I use:
Yield
Land size
Building size
Add value potential
etc.

Cheers

Jen

The first thing I look at when researching a particular area is to establish what is happening on the ground??? My first criteria is to find out whether the market is rising/moving, is there more demand than available stock.

The first thing I look at when researching a particular area is to establish what is happening on the ground??? My first criteria is to find out whether the market is rising/moving, is there more demand than available stock.
Hi Marisa,

Was googling for your IP story (have you posted? :) ) and came across this.

How do you determine whether market is moving? Demand and stock?

What criteria do you use for this @MTR ?

Edit: Whoops shouldve read, asked above. Must be a good question

Back