What are the requirements for a room to be classed as a Bedroom?

I hope his other advice is better than this.

:D i was just thinking that

all those old homes with no built ins in bedrooms would be in strife then!

"i have here for sale a wonderfully renovated californian bungalow with 3 studies and a bathroom".

I just the latest version of the NCC (BCA) and it provides 10% for the windows and 3% for a skylight. The NCC applies equally to all states unless there is a state exemption.

I checked the ventilation requirements, and it says you need 5% opening. This can be achieved simply by having a door to the room that is at least 5% of the room.

Looking at your drawings, I think they are okay by the way :), I think your room is okay to a 'bedroom'.

Good luck.

And fullylucky I can't believe you are still buying this.

Did you talk to Council about the alterations? You could be buying a real lemon.

I just the latest version of the NCC (BCA) and it provides 10% for the windows and 3% for a skylight. The NCC applies equally to all states unless there is a state exemption.

I checked the ventilation requirements, and it says you need 5% opening. This can be achieved simply by having a door to the room that is at least 5% of the room.

Looking at your drawings, I think they are okay by the way :), I think your room is okay to a 'bedroom'.

Good luck.
When you say 5% of the room does that mean the floor area of the room times 0.05 = the area of the door and that's fine?

More importantly than council what does the CBA mobile lender think?

I got formal approval from bank. (I have heaps of security so thats why they will still lend.) Valuation came in at only 630k due to the facts mentioned above, they are only comparing it with other 3 bedroom houses. So I was advised not to proceed but I went through with it anyway... just waiting for the vendor's solicitor to confirm they will deduct 9k of the original offer due to the stuff mentioned on the building and pest report through fax to my solicitor.

Today is the last day before it becomes unconditional. :(

Fullylucky that is correct. If the room is 12sqm,then just times it by 0.05 And the door needs to be 0.6 sqm - ie a door for a hobbit.

I got formal approval from bank. (I have heaps of security so thats why they will still lend.) Valuation came in at only 630k due to the facts mentioned above, they are only comparing it with other 3 bedroom houses. So I was advised not to proceed but I went through with it anyway... just waiting for the vendor's solicitor to confirm they will deduct 9k of the original offer due to the stuff mentioned on the building and pest report through fax to my solicitor.

This comment is SOOOO scary. Building and pest sucks, advised not to proceed on valuation but still going ahead. Money Pit anyone?

Now see this is the 'joy' of cross collatarolisation. Your PPOR is now an immense sinking fund for this folly of an IP.
You paid $760k? for this dodgeville IP and it's valued at $630k so your PPOR is having to stump up at least $260k in security instead of $160k
Yikes even your best friend the bank said don't do it.

Ahhhh, was just feeling a little bit blue all by myself here in Africa, so I switch on to SS and started to read fullylucky's threads to cheer me up! ;)

Thanks for the good chuckle! :D

pinkboy....:cool:

Back