What are you property manager fee?

What is your rent agent fee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it depends on area -- some states have generally higher fees than others...

Also, I think it comes down to quality of service. I am happy to pay more for a quality service.

My answer is: I have no idea. They do a good job, I barely hear from them, any issues are dealt with promptly, so I don't care. Whatever I'm paying them, it's worth it.

I've got a heap of PM's. The fee's vary.

Has the fee been one of the top deciding factors in each, or just gone with recommendations?

Personally I'm drawn more to an agency's fee structure rather than the fee itself.

6.6% and 1.65 weeks leasing. But I have multiple properties.

I don't care about the fees. She's amazing and I never have to question anything. It's a small amount for peace of mind and no stress

Has the fee been one of the top deciding factors in each, or just gone with recommendations?

Personally I'm drawn more to an agency's fee structure rather than the fee itself.

That's a tough one.

The first IP was managed by the Agency we bought it off. They gave a good deal & we didn't even look elsewhere. Turned out she was a kick *** PM. She moved agencies a few times & we followed. Then she retired, but had taught her offsider who was also awesome & are still there today and manages a few of ours now.

Another area, we selected the PM, then worked on their fees to bring them down. We've been through a few different agencies around the area and are happy with who we are currently using.

Yet another one.....been there a long time, I can't remember.

A Regional.....The cost of the fees is irrelative. I just want it managed professionally.

That's the main four of them.

^^^^^^

Wow I had no idea WA was so expensive! Is the tenant quality pool in most areas that bad that PM's need to charge more to cover the man-hours they must spend on difficult tenants? Or is the PM industry in WA just more greedy than other states?

As others have said, I pay anywhere from 5.5% - 7.7% (incl GST) in my investment states, but varying fee/service structures. WA just seems so unjustifiable. With WA property values deflating (and rental yields with it) right now, it must make it harder to hold properties and then have to pay 10%+ in PM fees in that state.

May I ask who that is with?

Hey DT,

Mate I use Defreitas and Ryan in Rockingham. They have a few offices round Perth.

Jamie runs the show there an is brilliant and Monica is PM. Easy to deal with, gets back to me within a day at most on any requests etc.

No kickbacks or affiliation to the business just very impressed with the service provided.

5% flat - CBD boutique agency.
Only other fees are letting.

Brisbane 8.5% - i pay my own bills (am looking to change - as this is with the company which built the block)

Toowoomba 8.5% - professionals

Back