What can I make a garden step from?

One of my rentals, the agent called me and said that I need to install a step from the house to the garden because it's too high,
The doors open out wards and are approx 700mmx2 wide and it's only about 300-350mm off the ground

I've looked on gumtree and ebay for a cheapo solution

What are my options

I'm thinking of building a step out of wood , of which I will need a side with is more work,

Or if I can find slab of polished concrete or stone or a look like stone chunk that's rectangular about 20cm high and close to 1400mm wide, that would be good

What else can I do, only problem with wood is I've got to paint it and with varnish which might be a bit of a pain,

Thank you eveyrone

Box it up with Besser block 1400 wide x 200mm high. Fill with large rubble and then concrete. Trowel off the top with a broom finish and ...voila ..one step.

The tenant will have to be without that exit for a week..... But given that the PM has notified that that exit is a hazard, it should be locked off anyway.

TMNT,

You can buy the timber steps from Bunnings that have been pre made with sides that you just put timber steps into.

Dave

You can also buy precast concrete steps from bunnings etc, $35 each. If you were in Sydney I have 4 in my garage I dont need.

Back