What do people think of Minto?

Bought first IP in Minto

I've recently decided to get my first IP in Minto which is going to be a new house constructed by the end of next year. Put down the land deposit and will be waiting for it to be registered mid next year.

Though the price used to be much cheaper sitting at around $350-370k for a new 4/2/2 house and it's currently more like $500k or even higher I still think that it's got lots of potential. The area is improving with new people moving in, mall updated, etc.

Has anyone considered investing in new houses in Minto?

Not new house but I have considered old ones. I checked out a few in Lochee Ave. They were bought fairly quickly and HEAPS of viewers at the open house.

One thing I don't understand is when, for example, you have say 30+ people at an open house and for some strange reason someone needs to use the WC.

Here I am trying to open the door and find its locked and then I hear "won't be a minute". I look over to the agent who rolls his eyes. I then don't want to check the bathroom for fear of copping a bad smell. This must be some special technique to discourage other buyers lol.

Lol :D.

Haven't been to the open houses there. I was only interested in land and there were lots of people wanted to buy. The last land stage was sold the same day it released.

to suburbs which are arguably worse than anything in Mt Druitt or Minto like Claymore and Airds where taxi drivers and pizza delivery drivers wont even venture into. It is a very diverse area.

4 Corners released an interesting documentary on Claymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvTDD_WhHis

The Government created a ghetto by placing 3000 of Sydney's most disadvantaged into an area 55km out of the CBD.

The South Australian Government did a similiar thing in areas like Mitchell Park back in the day. Now Mitchell Park is a great area because of private investment and spreading public housing across the state instead of dumping everybody in certain suburbs and creating socio-economic problems. The sooner Claymore gets knocked down the better.

One thing I don't understand is when, for example, you have say 30+ people at an open house and for some strange reason someone needs to use the WC.

Here I am trying to open the door and find its locked and then I hear "won't be a minute". I look over to the agent who rolls his eyes. I then don't want to check the bathroom for fear of copping a bad smell. This must be some special technique to discourage other buyers lol.

^ hahahah every time i take my mum to open she would use the toilet as well ( weak bladder) - sigh. :p

Mothers can be embarrassing, where ever I take mine she chews tobacco and spits lol..."come on Ma, we're in a restaurant"

What? new land release in Airds? did they decontaminate the soil ? lol just joking

Mothers can be embarrassing, where ever I take mine she chews tobacco and spits lol..."come on Ma, we're in a restaurant"

What? new land release in Airds? did they decontaminate the soil ? lol just joking

haha they're trying to clean it up by knocking down homes and selling off the land.. It'll be interesting. They did the same in Minto and it aint too bad now but you still get that 30% housing commission in the suburb..

They have cleaned up Minto Mall over the past several months. There are a few name coffee shops (Michels and Gloria Jeans were there) with Coles and not too many vacant shops (apart from around the back). When I visited, the mall area seemed quite busy and the addition of Aldi has brought back the people.

Back