Votes: 14 9.8%
  • 70-100k PA

Votes: 33 23.1%
  • 100k and over PA

Votes: 58 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps this was working couples?

Maybe. But we are talking about Mt Druitt area, Simon. There are still a large amount of homes owned by Housing Commission out here & a large portion of the Non-Commission homes are rented to people on the waiting list too.

If we take the few houses next to me as a cross section of the area we have next door on one side married couple both working, female part-time & male in some kind of factory/trade (wears the high visiblilty clothing). Behind me couple with two kids, only the male works but a low paid job. Next door on the other side (dual occ) At the front, couple with one kid, male only works (drives a truck spasmodically). At the back couple, no kids, male only works (packs shelves at Woollies). Next to them, stay at home single mum with two kids. Accross the road, couple with many kids, only the male works as a minister to a small indiginous (spelling?) church, next to them couple with many kids, unemployed.

None of them would be in the $100k bracket. The highest earners would be the first neighbours with the two incomes, but I would doubt their combined earnings would be over $80k (unless they have some passive income churning away - you never know).

We fall into the higher category, however if it wasn't for our money burning sporting activities, we would be living in a different area, perhaps closer to Hubby's work.

I
On this brochure it had various different incomes & the percentage of people in the area who were on those incomes. There were many low income homes, some around 50-69K,

Do you really consider 50-69K to be low income? This is a big eye-opener to me. It doesn't seem that long ago when $1000pw seemed hugely unattainable!

Do you really consider 50-69K to be low income? This is a big eye-opener to me. It doesn't seem that long ago when $1000pw seemed hugely unattainable!

No, I consider that to be around average. What I meant was many on low incomes, then some around the $50-$60k mark, but of course there were other amounts as well. The largest percentages were the very low incomes & the high incomes, with a lower percentage in the middle income ranges.

Do I make sense now?:D

surprised to see many here on such low income. Does it include interest, dividends, distributions, family allowance? it's $0 for me too!

Alex- can't skimp on groceries otherwise it'll make you want to eat out and eating out is far more expensive. Home cooking is great...hubby always says why eat out when my cooking is so yummy! and when I can't be bothered, he'll do his spaghetti bolognese. Being cold now, I've started cooking a lot of korean food...their staple meal is soup, rice and some side dishes....it's healthy, cheap, spicy and delicious.

Back