What ever happened to inspired conversation ...

yieldmatters said:
Nice story but I'm never that impressed by these guys - for every john fitzgerald there is another guy wo is equally positive and capable who has failed. It's called surviver bias in statistics - you don't see those that have dropped out of the race.
Why would you that makes them NOT SUCCESFULL if they fail der???
Do you make this crap up?
There are some who never even start the race - they are the real losers. Anyone who is looking for an investment with absolutely no downside shouldn't be wasting time on a property forum.

Someone made a (long) list of the dumb comments made by mbl(?). Maybe it's time for another.......:)

This is the most 'un-inspiring' thread on the forum I've read...I hope it gets locked soon, at 15 pages, I think we've all had enough!

GSJ

Nice story but I'm never that impressed by these guys - for every john fitzgerald there is another guy wo is equally positive and capable who has failed. It's called surviver bias in statistics - you don't see those that have dropped out of the race.

This has got to be the best thing you've ever said on this forum. Makes a lot of sense.

.......***Surviver Bias****.......

Maybe that's what successful property investors are. Successfull anything really. Successfull business owners. Successful farmers. I can certainly see that in farming. The losers go bust, sell out, the successfull neighbour buys them out.

What are you going to be YM.??? A winner or a loser???

See ya's.

Give it a try (and you can do so fairly conservatively with property), and you have a chance of getting rich. Don't attempt it at all, and you have NO chance.

I know which one I prefer.
Alex

Back