What Every Property Investor Needs to Know About Finance, Tax and the Law

Has anyone purchased this book and would be willing to provide their review?

I've got the first edition of his "how to grow..." and was wondering if this book contained any new information.

What was the first book like ?

From website fishpond.com.au

By Michael Yardney

A must-read for Australia's 1.7 million property investors and anybody contemplating investing in property. This is a plain English guide to understanding 'the system' so investors get it working for them and not against them. Michael Yardney helps you discover how the rich build their property portfolios to maximise their revenue, safeguard their assets and keep more money in their bank account. This book has been written for both beginning and experienced investors.

What was the first book like ?

From website fishpond.com.au

By Michael Yardney

A must-read for Australia's 1.7 million property investors and anybody contemplating investing in property. This is a plain English guide to understanding 'the system' so investors get it working for them and not against them. Michael Yardney helps you discover how the rich build their property portfolios to maximise their revenue, safeguard their assets and keep more money in their bank account. This book has been written for both beginning and experienced investors.

How much is he paying you, bro?

SFA ?

I just googled it out of curiosity and posted a bit of the ad, I didn't really mean anything bu it.

I went to a seminar last year in Perth of his, yeah I still dont "believe" in what these guys can really do for us anyway, let alone this bloke in particular

Hope that clears it up, if it's a stuff up of mine, oops & sorry

I was very disapointed with the book, just very basic information given in a long winded way, to make up volume I suppose. Would be ok for a very green novice who doesnt have any common sense. Not near as good as his previous books. In the chapter 'wealth strategies for the wealthy" there is ZIP. no useful information. No mention of most strategies even people who arent wealtyh would use. Very odd, a book about finance, tax and law, yet no mention of the coding system. SUPPERFICIAL

i managed to have a flick through it at dymocks this evening and majority of the content seems to be a rehash of his previous books.

ended up walking out empty handed.

i think the most useful section would be where he describes the different trust structures. i've been meaning to get my head around it, as his podcasts don't go into sufficient detail.

i managed to have a flick through it at dymocks this evening and majority of the content seems to be a rehash of his previous books.

ended up walking out empty handed.

i think the most useful section would be where he describes the different trust structures. i've been meaning to get my head around it, as his podcasts don't go into sufficient detail.

Funny you should say that. Without meaning to cast any further aspersions on the author's character; when reading that book, I noticed that large parts of the trust section appear to have word-for-word similarities with another author's books on the subject.

Hahaha! Sorry Jaycee - I thought you wrote this bit yourself -

I thought to myself, "Damn, Jaycee sure likes that blinking book! I've never seen such a rave written by anyone here about a book like that."

Hahaha! Joke's on me.

I got "Saving Tax On Your Investment Property" by Noel Whittaker & Julia Hartman and I think it's a good basis.
I also have all her free guides spiral bound which are even better.

I was very disapointed with the book, just very basic information given in a long winded way, to make up volume I suppose. Would be ok for a very green novice who doesnt have any common sense. Not near as good as his previous books. In the chapter 'wealth strategies for the wealthy" there is ZIP. no useful information. No mention of most strategies even people who arent wealtyh would use. Very odd, a book about finance, tax and law, yet no mention of the coding system. SUPPERFICIAL

Agree with your comments. I had read MY's first 2 books and didn't get much out of this book. Maybe good for beginners.

Agree with your comments. I had read MY's first 2 books and didn't get much out of this book. Maybe good for beginners.

How much did you pay for that books ?
I'm interested to get that from local bookstore as I'm a total newbie in this area.

Back