what interest rate are you paying at the moment?

I have been talking to a few banks recently and am surprised how low the rates are on offer now...all variables with offset account provided -

NAB - 4.78%
HSBC - 4.85%
ANZ - 4.89%
Commonwealth - 4.88%

Is anyone paying lower than these?

Based on middling loan volume those rates are ok

Larger volumes can get down to 4.6s. And of course below 4.5s for some online lenders.

Adelaide banks fixed 1 and 2 years with 100 % offset can be good options for those even with low loan amounts.

As always, rate is one of many considerations when putting together a structure

Many portfolio builders have been led astray playing the rate game, even many mum and dad home only loan structures can be set up to kill the debt far more quickly with the right loan product and a debt recycle strategy.

Seeking specific advice relevant to ones circumstances may yield much better financial outcomes rather than focussing on cost alone

Ts

Rolf

Some of the online cheapies are around the mid 4's from memory - but as has been mentioned a thousand times, rate is one factor to consider and for investors it's hardly the most important.

Cheers

Jamie

Sounds like I'm getting Jibbed:

CBA 4.95% Loan 504K IO Variable
CBA 5.20% Loan 267K IO Variable

The CBA isn't quite so generous on their pricing when it's a high LVR.

I suspect the first loan is at about 90% and the second is higher? If not, they'll likely be willing to negotiate.

There's more to a loan than a good rate and there's more to rates than just a number. Lenders the lending amount and the LVR in their current offering. You're not going to get a fantastic rate with CBA if your LVR is 95% (or several other lenders for that matter). Get advice specific to your situation from someone independent of the banks.

I'm trying to get my first loan now on a 80% lend for around 170-190k and i've been offered around 5.20 from anz and cba. and 5.15 with nab and westpac.

would there be any reason why i'm getting higher rates then you guys?

is it because it's my first home loan? (will be for IP)

I get about 4.8% with westpac and 5.00% with homeside I think and I think I've got another loan with another bank that's somewhere in the middle? I don't know, too many loans to keep track of.

I'm trying to get my first loan now on a 80% lend for around 170-190k and i've been offered around 5.20 from anz and cba. and 5.15 with nab and westpac.

would there be any reason why i'm getting higher rates then you guys?

is it because it's my first home loan? (will be for IP)

You're getting a higher rate because you're borrowing a fairly small amount and you're not talking to lenders who accommodate this niche.

The best lenders in this space don't have branches. You'd be better off talking to a broker.

i am talking to a broker haha, and it goes up .4% if i add a offset account :s

so would be 5.6%, you guys no any lenders that do these type of small loans? 100-250k range?

Cheers

It's worth asking the question.
I shot off an email to my broker a few months ago, and a few weeks later, was approved for rate reduction from 4.9% to 4.79% with CBA.

Few weeks? Takes about 5mins to have the request submitted and approved, in some cases will need to be referred which takes a few hours usually to get a decision back. Speak with someone direct in the branch if you want it done faster. (Note the approval is instant but can take couple weeks for rate to be applied, but it is backdated to the original approval date).

If you have any borrowings with CBA with and LVR if less then 90% I would be contacting them ASAP to see what they can do for you. My rate personally was decreased from 4.95% down to 4.79% in the last few weeks I've given 1.2% discount (4.7%) to clients.

i am talking to a broker haha, and it goes up .4% if i add a offset account :s

so would be 5.6%, you guys no any lenders that do these type of small loans? 100-250k range?

Cheers

Hi TJ

Ask ur broker to look at Adelaide bank.

Quite ok product for sub 250 k lend

ta
rlf

I gave CBA a call today, my rates will be lowered.

CBA 4.95% Loan 504K to 4.90% 90% LVR
CBA 5.20% Loan 267K to 4.80% 85% LVR

2-3 months ago, there was talk of 4.80% if your loan is close to the $1m with 80% lvr... today seems you can get 4.80% for such small loan with CBA? interesting!

Back