what interest rate are you paying at the moment?

1.5mil loan variable IO at 4.83% with CBA. LVR<80%.
Fought for a better rate from 4.88%. This was the best they 'could' offer despite trying to get a better rate for over a year.

Moving all loans to a different bank for a much better rate for the same bells and whistles.

5.49% fixed
5.39% fixed
5.08% variable
4.99% variable
4.95% fixed
4.49% fixed

A bit of a mixed bag, good thing that the last one is my PPOR and by far the largest loan.

Hi
We have gone from over 5% at the beginning of this year to a low 4.69% with St George many thanks to our Broker as well he put it all together.

Interesting thread.

An update: ING are offering a special at the moment - variable rate of 4.63% for borrowings over $1 mill. There are limited restrictions - PPOR needs to be P&I, unconditional by 30 Sep.

Their servicing is quite conservative, so you'd need to have decent borrowing power (not amazing, but comfortable) to get up to those loan amounts with them.

Pretty great deal, especially given they have 2 year fixed rate options sub 4.7% too.

Suncorp have an advertised rate of 4.65 <80% LVR

http://www.suncorpbank.com.au/home-loans/interest-rates

Yep, its a cheap intro rate. But as many of the finance guru's have repeatedly pointed out on the forums, its not all about the rate.

I don't think the intro product has an offset, IR jacks up to 5.29% after 3 years and is a variable loan. Useful product for some, but I wouldn't be sending clients looking to purchase a PPOR to the product.

It is definitely a competitive product...but needs to be balanced with a broader discussion than price (loan purpose, offset requirement, potential to get cheaper after 3 years, etc).

That's a pretty good deal. :)

Do you mind me asking - rough indications for your total loan size and LVR?

Hi
We have gone from over 5% at the beginning of this year to a low 4.69% with St George many thanks to our Broker as well he put it all together.

I suspect CBA will drop their rate once they get word of you moving.

1.5mil loan variable IO at 4.83% with CBA. LVR<80%.
Fought for a better rate from 4.88%. This was the best they 'could' offer despite trying to get a better rate for over a year.

Moving all loans to a different bank for a much better rate for the same bells and whistles.

Back