What interest rate are you paying?

Did you 600pw!! ...i.e. $31,200 per annum.....yeeoooouccchhhh!!!! :eek:

When are these coming off? Hope not in the next few months?? :eek:

I have a friend who is in a similar position...he can't seem to raise rents fast enough!! :(

Best of luck Bazza.

Seems most you guys are opting for variable rather then fixed term. Then you must believe that interest rates will drop in the near future as I do?

Bummer when you come off the fixed term and on to the new rates :( I now have to part our another $600 pw to cover my loans.

Cheers,

Bazza

Did you 600pw!! ...i.e. $31,200 per annum.....yeeoooouccchhhh!!!! :eek:

When are these coming off? Hope not in the next few months?? :eek:

I have a friend who is in a similar position...he can't seem to raise rents fast enough!! :(

Best of luck Bazza.

Actually it's $576 pw (just recalculated it) so not so bad. I don't think the tenants would be willing to contribute that much but they will certainly be getting a hike whenever the leases are due for renewal.

Cheers,

Bazza

Apart from the variable loan component mentioned above, the rest of the loans are fixed
7.18% fixed for 10 years expiring 2017
7.28% fixed for 20 years expiring 2027

All with cba.

Didn't know they did 20 years.. Good job.. Way to smooth out the cycles.

I remember the Westpac 10 year fixed rates at 7% but I didn't take it up. My IPs would be +ve @ 7%

Current

2 Fixed at 7.79% for 3 years
2 Variable at 8.77%

All Westpac

I got NAB pro package with .8% discount, currently 3 variable at 8.66% and 2 fixed at 7.95% until Nov 10. I am just waiting for them to go up as I don't even receive notifications anymore from NAB.

I think you should be able to get 0.8% off. I have only 450k in variable with cba on the professional package or what ever its called these days, and i have 0.8% off.
Thanks for that info. I asked CBA nicely for a better discount & they gave me 0.82% off (instead of 0.75%).....and promptly upped the var rate by 0.14%.

CBA's interest rate went up by 0.14% but my CBA or Colonial (don't know which company lent the money) loan didn't go up. CBA told me that it's staying the same because I got the loan through a broker.

CBA's interest rate went up by 0.14% but my CBA or Colonial (don't know which company lent the money) loan didn't go up. CBA told me that it's staying the same because I got the loan through a broker.
I've had 3 go up by 0.14%, but one didn't - AFAIK they where all direct with CBA - no brokers involved.

Colonial is soon to be axed as CBA is taking over all the branding. The Colonial bit was kept from when CBA took over the Colonial State Bank... Colonial had a broker channel and CBA didnt and CBA kept it around. Which is funny in itself as the management of cba at the time (and hidden behind closed doors now) didnt want to take on a broker channel.

Its all the same money/mortgages pretty much.

fixed until 14 June 2011

My largest loan which is three times greater than all my other borrowings combined is fixed at 6.69% untill June 2011:eek:

I read this morning that clients of Colombus Capital will later this week receive by mail the next round of rate increases bring some of their lodoc / nodoc clients rates to 12.59%.

Must admit until a couple of weeks agao i hadnt even come across CC.

2 refinance enquiries later in 10 days and the doors have started to open.

Sheesshhh!!!!!!....even Tony Soprano could not extract such a deal!

I thought I had it rough when Adelaide Bank rates move from 7.09% fixed to 9.5% by 1 Sept. 2008. At least I can still look at other options with them for a cost.:D

I read this morning that clients of Colombus Capital will later this week receive by mail the next round of rate increases bring some of their lodoc / nodoc clients rates to 12.59%.

Must admit until a couple of weeks agao i hadnt even come across CC.

2 refinance enquiries later in 10 days and the doors have started to open.

Since the rate rises, the standard variable rates are now:

9.79% Citibank
9.67% AMP/ Suncorp/ St George
9.65% Bank of Queensland
9.62% ANZ
9.61% NAB/ Westpac
9.58% CBA

BTW, welcome iBob!

Interesting that Mac bank put there interest rates up more than others months ago, but haven't increased them over the last couple of weeks like the rest. I'm paying 9.17% on the variable part.

Back