What is it you are after?

My goals are similar pay off PPOR which in its self is really all I desire to do, as this will free me and family to have a better quality of life..

It's confusing because a strategy is quite a personalised thing - bit like a car actually.

Your goals are your destination. Depending on your destination, their may be various types of cars suitable. A low slung sports car may not be suitable if your destination is on top of a mountain with a narrow firetrack.

You have a goal - paying off the ppor. Do you need to have any other means of income, or you are completely self-sufficient?

Cheers,

The Y-man

I set myself a goal about 18months ago, that I wanted to be a millionaire by the age of 30.. I am now 27, so I have about 2.5 years to go, and have probably only made baby steps towards achieving this goal, smaller steps than I had hoped to be honest.

I have planted some seeds in business, property and work that will hopefully allow me to achieve this!

What I have found that has held me back is that I know what I want the destination to be, but I have not worked out the best route to get there, what turns I need to take, and the roads that will get me there the fastest.

So, now I need to plan my journey to get me to a millionaire by 30, and make sure its scenic along the way! I think this is one of the keys to ensuring that what you want the end game to be comes into fruition.

After I reach my goal, my next one is to not be reliant on work or be an employee of someone else by the age of 35.. spend my days checking up on my multiple businesses, managing my passive cash flow, and enjoying time with my young family, and having the choice - as people have said already, to do what it is I want to do!

For me property investing is all about freedom, and it' has nothing to do with money or material possessions. I don't like bosses and I don't like hierarchy, to me they all b.s., simple. We have democracy in every aspect of our daily life, except in work life, where a 2-bit immature manager/CEO can behave like a tyrant and treat staff with contempt. I think this desire for equality is in everyone and that was what created democracy.

Retirement is not an acceptable concept for me. To do so would be like one foot in the grave.

Depends how you define retirement.

If you mean sitting at home with a nanna rug over your knees, reading the paper for hours on end, then OK, you're probably right.

If, however, you mean doing what you want whenever you want, leading a super active life and enjoying the outdoors and sunshine whilst the workers hustle and bustle down the highway to fight for a carpark, march to the office, swipe their card, fiddle with paperwork whilst getting ordered around, clock watching until noon, quickly rejoicing at a small taste of freedom at lunch, then get all depressed as they must head back in to be told what to do and say in an afternoon meeting.....well, I'd dare to venture that working may be the option closer to "one foot in the grave".

Personally, I look forward to going to 'work' until I am at least 75 yrs old. Retirement is not an acceptable concept for me. To do so would be like one foot in the grave.

Regards
Daniel Lee

Retirement to me means not having to go to work and ask for time off for holidays, or take sickies etc.

It doesn't mean NO work - just work as a choice or put it another way; something that provides a passive income enough that you don't really have to be there.

Back