What is moving in dumping countries could be our answer

I wonder if in the US - UK and others even now, there is a common denominator in exactly what type of property is actually still holding it's own , selling, a common shift to or whatever if any .

If there is one then whatever it is could well pan out to be very smart buying here too wouldn't you think ?

Does anyone have any info along those lines ?

Cheers

I don't have the time or the inclination to study the markets in the US or the UK, but I very much like your line of thinking.

I don't have the time or the inclination to study the markets in the US or the UK, but I very much like your line of thinking.

Thanks Dazz - me either , or the skill . But it amazes me how some people can sort things like that out and make it look easy !
Cheers

perhaps one could log ont property forums in the us and uk and get the same info as SS

Anyone have a good sniff around? This time poor thing is starting to bug me....

Unlike media coverage, not all properties in US and UK are down the gurgler. If you had a condo overlooking Central Park or a bungalow in Hampstead, I doubt either would've halved in the last 12 months. Unfortunately subprime mortgages were not secured over such properties.

somehow i dont think the banks would have lent to someone from a trailer park in AZ to buy a condo overlooking central park....regardless of how screwed up their lending criteria were.

that said, i remember someone mentioned a dog managed to get a home loan, so i guess anything is possible.

I wonder if in the US - UK and others even now, there is a common denominator in exactly what type of property is actually still holding it's own , selling, a common shift to or whatever if any .

If there is one then whatever it is could well pan out to be very smart buying here too wouldn't you think ?

Does anyone have any info along those lines ?

Cheers

Totally anecdotal, but I was in the US for the last 3 years and I saw areas that were desirable still keep their value.

For example; we spent the last 12 months in Santa Rosa, a town of 150k people about 1 hour north of San Fran. Nice place, and I could have stayed there longer.

As a general, the town was very working class, had some trailer-trash areas, but there was one swisho area up on the neigbouring hill overlooking the town.

Most houses were around the $1 mill mark, good views and big blocks.

These places held their value, while the not-so-expensive bogun brothels down near the CBD were on the market for months and months.

So, well placed, good quality properties will usually do well.

For someone looking to buy an IP with a decent cashflow, these properties are a total dud, but the longer-term cap growth would be good.

Back