What is with my parents.

What is the "history" of your family is it like mine?

My sister can do no wrong, yet has no assests, no money, no super...get the picture.

I am the opposite, and yet I can do no right. Sad but I learned a long time ago that regardless of my achievements, in my parents eyes everything I do is wrong.

Go for it and look for positive reinforcements within yourself and like minded people who will praise your achievements.

My family history is exactly like yours but I have it from both sides! My sister can do no wrong and my hubbies brother can do no wrong. I find it amazing that I married a guy with a background so similar to mine. We have both just learned that this kind of favouritism cannot be beaten so we keep our mouths shut about what we do in our lives. We both know that if our parents ever found out what we have built for ourselves with hard work it will only backfire on us and expose alot of jealousy in our family. We will probably get accused of winning the lottery and not sharing our spoils with our siblings! It has made us better parents though. In no way would we blind ourselves to one of our children's faults in this way at the expense of the other. We support each equally and they are reaping the rewards of our sad history. Life has a wonderful way of making things right for the next generation.

I think Oscar Wilde once said something along the lines of 'everytime a friend or family member has success a little part of me dies'...

So Pablo rest assured you arent the first and you wont be the last to feel aggrieved.

Thats why this forum is great - I can admire people from a distance knowing that my latent feelings of envy and fear wont be exposed by having peoples obvious success (compared to mine) jammed into my face at a dinner party...

++

Pablo - The other thing that you should consider that I know is true - Many people, family and friends will never tell you that they admire you to your face. They will however reveal to firends and colleagues (at the water cooler) that they have a son who is a successful property investor/etc..........unfortunatley you are none the wiser until you hear heresay via others that 'they really do respect what you have achieved".

People are strange - remember that

Im sure this is happening in your case..

Cheers
Aussie

What is the "history" of your family is it like mine?

My sister can do no wrong, yet has no assests, no money, no super...get the picture.

I am the opposite, and yet I can do no right. Sad but I learned a long time ago that regardless of my achievements, in my parents eyes everything I do is wrong.

Go for it and look for positive reinforcements within yourself and like minded people who will praise your achievements.

Oh dear..it's such a recurring theme it's not funny...:rolleyes:

It most definately is jealousy.....unbounded green with envy jealousy and that fact that you are doing better for yourself than they ever did for you...maybe a bit of shameful jealousy perhaps......but I totally get what you mean by your words above....you are not alone in this....

I have a sister who 'invests' in property and she is doing so 'very well'.....but we who started many years before would'nt know anything.....Ohhhh noooooo....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

....probably lurking in here...Sssssshhhhhh....LOL LOL :p

Just get on with your own thing Pablo and take people as you find them Mate....find the truth and you can't go wrong....all this pretending to be nice or pretending that nothing is going on is so false...especially among family.

I also love you signature....;)

If the world seems to hate you, try being nicer :)
lol I was paraphrasing the teenagers. I'm nicer than pie and sweeter than honey.
Now go tell your mamma you owe the bank a million dollars lol
There are many "mediterraneans" that don't tell their mothers (or wifes) how much they really owe... it's like secret men's bizness.

Back